TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ideas for possible solo vacation?...

Movieguy

I was just talking with my dad about this tonight. He was going over possible vacation ideas, and I now actually have enough money to possibly go on a vacation by myself (I've never done this, so it's a big deal for me). that I could actually fly down someplace for a visit.

It's an intriguing possibilty, one that may become reality within the next few months...I currently have close to 8,000 dollars in the bank, plus I have a 600 dollar tax refund coming, and on top of that, I just got a pay raise at my job, which I've had for a year and a half now, and am currently elegible for certain union benefits, including vacation time.

So, being a theme park enthusiast, what kind of places would be the most economically feasible for me? Taking into account park ticket prices, food expenses, lodging expenses, and airline rates among other things. I actually considered seeing Universal/IOA in Orlando since I've never been there, but I've heard how expensive trips down there can be, so it's probably a wee bit out of my price range hehe. Haven't had many other ideas, since this just came up tonight.

I don't really know, my knowledge of travel planning and expenses is a bit limited, so that's why I'm asking for a little advice here. Anything you can tell me will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you plan for a non-peak time in Orlando it can be pretty inexpensive. Especially if you plan on doing it alone.

Also, when I lived in Florida I found the BGW/PKD trip to be a pretty inexpensive one.

There are many factors that will dictate what your costs will be for the trip. If you are under 25, you will most likely have to pay a surcharge when you rent a car (if you even need to). You can do Anaheim and Orlando without renting a car but be prepared for a small inconvenience when using the shuttles.

If you look into cheaap hotel/motel prices before you go it's easy to find cheap places to stay. Also, if you have any chance of getting to a visitor center or state welcome center, they often have booklets with hotel coupons.

Look into special ticket prices like the 5 for 2 deal going at USF right now.

If you wanna go to some fun parks though, go to Indiana! Hahaha, I'm like a walking advertisement for IB and HW. Hahahaha, plus, Indiana is right in the middle of a mess of other parks also, and the hotel rates aren't so bad up in that area.

You know, I never considered Indiana, but that sounds good too. I don't know much about Indiana Beach, but Holiday World has two great looking woodies I'd love to try out.

Speaking of the midwest, another Idea I had was possibly PKI, since I've never been there, and always wanted to try the Beast and Vortex as well.

I don't know how much you've done things by yourself before, but its not always the most fun thing. Plus, if you could find even one person to go with you on a big trip and split the costs, you would be able to do sooo much more. Just think, if you have a total hotel bill of $300-400, that becomes $150-200. If you drive, $200 in gas becomes $100, etc. If you really want to go by yourself though, you could go just about anywhere you want with $8000 (are planning on spending all of that?). Anyway, I would suggest a tour of Ohio, Texas, Florida, California, or the East Coast (maybe like Dorney, Hershey, SFGAdv, etc).

Well, I don't have a car, plus I still haven't gotten my driver's license (long story...basically, it's almost impossible to pass the road test in this town) so my choices are a bit limited hehe.

And no, I don't plan on spending all of the 8,000 dollars.

As for the question of doing this alone, well, I don't have many friends around this area anymore, and the ones i do have just don't have the time or the money to do this. Besides, I kinda like being by myself, even at a theme park. It's just the kinda guy I am, I guess.

My girlfriend and I have both done solo Orlando trips. If you stay along US 192 all the hotels have park shuttles (especially to Disney) and food can be had real cheap.

We stayed at the Days Inn eastgate (of WDW) right next door to Old Town for $43 a night. You can even beat this rate if you search around.

Also IMO Universal Orlando is one of the top 10 places to visit if you've never been.

Alternatively another fun and easy trip is HW, SFKK, and PKI as they're all in a row. However without a car a trip like this would be pretty much impossible.

Another thing you could do is look into the midwest trip Rideworld is having. That is something you could do alone and meet up with other people at the same time. Plus they're hitting up some of the best parks out there.

JJ- Loves to do the trips...

Good Choice. Their 2 park Power Pass is only $20 more than their 2 day addmission. But with the 2 day you get 3 free so the choice is yourzzz.

We were just there last week and were going back next month. Mummy, Twister, MIB, and Jaws + all of IOA, WE CAN'T STAY AWAY!!!

J "Going for Shekira, WDW, Cyp, Krack, and WA too" J