TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Whitlock Gardens [RCT2]

I like to be a meanie sometimes. So no happy birthday. But very big and nice update I love the wild mouse. Personally they're my favorite ride in the whole game!! How do u keep ur lawns mowed? I'm not too big on the mowed lawns but im curious, And also some small vegetation like shrubs would help the forest

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-- Dotrobot: I use 8cars per train to keep the lawn mowed, as for the shurbs once I have an idea of what is permanent in the park I will definitely add some shrubs to the forest.I have a small little update lined up for you all, so enjoy!

Update #12: Construction Progress

July 11th, 1977

Boy time sure is flying this season! We have seen a relentless swarm of guests the past few months, and it has only gotten busier the hotter it has become! The construction on "Miner's Lodge" was completed just a few days ago, and construction on Whitlock Gardens' top secret mega project started over a month ago! The "Whitlock Whizzer" continues to be a family favorite, while rides like "Blackout" and "Manic Mouse", see regular hour long waits! As a first time park owner, I could not be happier! So I know you all come here for some park photos, well I got some for you all!

Miner's Lodge is an attractive spot for the adults visiting Whitlock Gardens, with over 4 different types of beer on draft! Not to mention it's wonderful food selection at the family buffet!

Well, well, well, it looks like Whitlock Gardens' coaster enthusiasts now have something new to enthuse about!

I don't want to give out too many details about our newest coaster, but Charles Dinn and Al Collins are the coasters' designers/manufacturers.

"Blackout" exiting it's loop, nothing beats the feeling of being upside-down on this wild ride!

Finally, an overview.

Well that is all for you for now my friends, questions, comments, and concerns are encouraged and appreciated. So let's hear them!

-James Francis Whitlock

Edited by GaryGB

Update #13: Nearing the end of the season

September 16th, 1977

Hello again, everyone! It sure has been quite bust around these parts, construction on the park's newest addition is in full swing, attempting to get as much done before the winter months. Amazing progress has been made on the coaster, I get more and more excited each day I see it take shape. Here are some construction pictures:

A subtle change, can you spot it?

The brake run.

The lift hill, towering over 105 feet!

The first drop and some banked turns. Rumor has it that the trains will reach of upwards of 50 MPH on the first drop!

The first turn and second drop.

Lastly another angle of the first drop, and some thrilling head chopping moments!

Continued expansion is planned for the area, so stay tuned!

That is all for now, I'll check in with you all at season's end to give you a final look at Whitlock Gardens before the offseason!

-James Francis Whitlock

--Sorry for the large time frame between updates, been a busy body, but hopefully that wont be an issue anymore, enjoy the update. And just a note, the station for the newest coaster is not complete, it's just a starting point.

Update #14: End of season two

November 1st, 1977

How about it? The end of a successful year two! The park saw the additions of many things. The world largest Dodgems "Super Dodgems" was a family hit, and was always a draw. While "Manic Mouse" regularly saw a full queue of eager guests willing to take on the wild ride! Miner's Lodge was an instance success (maybe I can attribute that to the alcohol!), and construction on the parks largest project to date has been extremely smooth! However with every business there is ups and downs. So let's get on to some announcements.

First, I'd like to attribute the huge success of Lookout Island to the eager guests of Whitlock Garden's. You all have made the Island a fantastic draw. However, sadly, after just 1 year of operation, two of the three attractions on the island will no longer be there come 1978. Both "Miner's Lodge" and "Manic Mouse" will no longer be on Lookout Island.

I do, however have plans to replace the attractions, so stay tuned to find out what I plan I replacing them with. So stay tuned!

In parting I snapped some photos of our finished rollercoaster!

Station shot, the coaster, aptly named "Sidewinder" is a creation of Dinn and Collins.

Mini drop into a helix then a 105-foot lift hill.

The first drop, "Sidewinder" will reach speeds of up to 52 MPH on the first drop!

The double turn around, "Sidewinder" features numerous head chopping experiences.

Second drop and double elevated curve turns.

A dive into the starting helix. This section of the ride starts the "Sidewinder" part of the coaster.

One of the kind duel "snake coil" elements.

The final helix's running into the brake run.

Finally an overview. Whitlock Gardens, November 1st, 1977.

Finally some stats about "Sidewinder":

-Custom layout gives a one-of-a-kind experience.

-Initial drop of 85 feet.

-11 drop in total.

-Over 4,170 feet in length.

-A ride time just under two minutes.

-5 different helixed sections.

That's all for this season! I will see you all next season at the park, and don't forget to comment and stay tuned for off season updates!

-James Francis Whitlock

^Actually I plan on releasing Park downloads after each season, so you can create your own Whitlock Gardens from your favorite year. So stay tuned for that.

I hope to have an update tomorrow, if not then Wednesday will be update day!

• 2 months later...

Sooo would love to say sorry for letting this go by the way side, not entirely sure why I did, a combination of laziness and other circumstances no doubt.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I stopped working on the park, I plan to re-continue Whitlock Gardens this afternoon, say stay tuned for an update.

And once again, sorry.

--Would like to start off by saying thanks to all who followed Whitlock Gardens before, sorry again to let you all down and let this fall into idleness. Hopefully I wont let it happen again. After season 3 I plan on highlighting seasons in Whitlock Gardens' history, no more season to season (since it would be impractical to continually add things to a park season after season) however it wont be huge jumps (1979 to 1992 for example) just whenever something is added to the park I will cover that season.

Update #15: Season Three!

May 20th, 1978

After what was the busiest off-season Whitlock Gardens has seen, were ready to open the gates for our third season of providing Northern Arkansas with top notch thrills and entertainment. An all though only one new addition was added to the park, it goes without saying it was the biggest addition we have had to date. I'm proud to introduce..

Western Frontier! Located in the northern part of the park "Western Frontier" will provide guests an experience like none other. Headlining the area is "Sidewinder", the newest ride to Whitlock Gardens. The wooden behemoth dwarfs the surrounding area, and is sure to give thousands upon thousands of guests the ride of their lives! Two attractions were moved to this area from "Lookout Island", Miner's Lodge is now located next to "Sidewinder", in fact the exit of "Sidewinder" goes through Miner's Lodge! Also making the move is the ride formally known as "Manic Mouse" has been moved the area and aptly renamed to "Manic Miner" to better suit the area. And that's not all for the new area! Plans have been drawn up for another addition to the area, so stick around for that! "Lookout Island" will be transformed into a carnival type area, featuring attraction we all know and love from are childhood carnivals. On to some pictures, a favorite of mine!

Lookout Island looks bare, but in time it will once again be a big draw. "Lookout Tower", will remain in operation for the 1978 season.

The new location of Miner's Lodge, still with a liquor license!

"Manic Miner", now located in "Western Frontier". The new mine cars provide an even more out-of-control experience!

Finally, an overview of "Western Frontier", I hope to see all you cow pokes there!

-James Francis Whitlock

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The person may have given up, or what! Don't even think about pushing him! There's always another project that you can bet on! Not just one that you like, or want to expect so much! Just be calm sometime, & something good will come along!