TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Week Trip to Orlando

GoBears

Well, my original plans were to head down to Texas this spring but it looks like I'll be going down to Orlando in mid May instead to visit family down there. I'm staying at the new Cabana Bay Beach Resort at USO and I'm doing IOA and USF for 3 days. I'm familiar with Universal since I've been there before but I was looking into doing another park or attraction nearby.

I looked on Fun Spot's website to find prices to ride White Lightning, but I only found the full day armbands. Can you pay for a single ride on it or do you have to buy an unlimited armband to ride it? Also, SeaWorld or BGT is a little pricey for me right now so I was wondering if they usually have ticket deals as it gets closer to spring. Lastly, are there any cheaper attractions in the Orlando area that you recommend?

Thanks a lot,

Tyler

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my original plans were to head down to Texas this spring but it looks like I'll be going down to Orlando in mid May instead to visit family down there. I'm staying at the new Cabana Bay Beach Resort at USO and I'm doing IOA and USF for 3 days. I'm familiar with Universal since I've been there before but I was looking into doing another park or attraction nearby.

I looked on Fun Spot's website to find prices to ride White Lightning, but I only found the full day armbands. Can you pay for a single ride on it or do you have to buy an unlimited armband to ride it? Also, SeaWorld or BGT is a little pricey for me right now so I was wondering if they usually have ticket deals as it gets closer to spring. Lastly, are there any cheaper attractions in the Orlando area that you recommend?

Thanks a lot,

Tyler

The reality is that Orlando is by far the most expensive Theme Park destination in the country, and arguably the entire world. There really aren't that many ticket "deals" to be had, but if you have the money and time, the Flex Ticket is the best deal. Here is the website with information: http://www.officialticketcenter.com/discount-flex-tickets-orlando.aspx

Although if you're already getting your tickets through the Universal Resort, it probably doesn't pay. You can get a SeaWorld + Busch Gardens ticket for $129, or $99 if you visit BEFORE May 15th, 2014.

Like Elissa said, you can do pay-per-ride at Fun Spot. I think it's $9 per coaster, which at that point it almost pays to do the wristband.

Unfortunately, there just aren't that many "deal" in Orlando, and especially not lately as tourism has been doing extremely well.