TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Park at Mall of America

Here is the deal:

I'm flying out west to see some of the country and I have a 4 hour layover at Minneapolis INT. So I thought I would go check out Mall of America.

Has anyone been there and could advise me what is cool to do?

Also I see they have two rollercoasters there...Has anyone rode these and can you tell me how they were?

Lastly anyone have any leftover tickets that I can get for the park?

Thanks to anyone who gives their input.

David "needs help" White

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the park, do the park. Timber Twister is a clone of Spinning Dragons at Worlds Of Fun and in my mind a fun ride. The pepsi coaster is not worth riding. Its slow, boring and does nothing special with those 1000 car trains.

Mall Of America has a bagillion stores so be sure to TRY and check some of them out. and if you have time go to the underground aquarium, its REALLY cool.

well have fun!

You might be pushing your luck with only a four hour layover....scratch that, haydawg's right. Just go over and ride the Timber Twister. The Pepsi Coaster is quite a bore. The log flume is OK too. THat shouldn't take you more than an hour.

Four hours is plenty, "the other" Eric Johnson did it in a 3 hour layover.

The park has 3 coasters, people are forgettng Lil Shaver. Its pathetic, but its a coaster.

Also, I really liked the Ripsaw coaster. For a Tivoli, its actually pretty long nad pretty cool.

The Tumbler thingy was really, really fun, and the log flum, IMO, is more than just 'ok', I thought it was themed better than Splash Mt. Plus, its like an insane 4 mins long, not bad for being in the corner of a mall's courtyard!

I live in the Twin Cities, and go to the park regularly during the winter months.

In order to go to the MoA from the airport (I'm assuming you're flying through on Northwest) go out to the LRT (light rail transit) station. Before going down the last set of escalators, make sure you buy a train ticket. If you don't, and you get caught, it's a $180 fine that'll ruin your day. Then, take the train to the Mall of America and go into the park. After getting the coaster credits, go back out to the transit station and head to the Lindbergh Terminal.

Paul

This was my one of my home parks for a good seven years. You could say I'm pretty familiar with it.

Has anyone been there and could advise me what is cool to do?

Screamin' Yellow Eagle - a falling star.

Mystery Mine Ride - a moving theater; I think it's a Yogi Bear ride now.

Ghost Blasters - a Sally dark ride.

Treetop Tumbler - hard to explain exactly what this is, but it's a lot of fun.

The Coasters.

Kite-Eating Tree - a wave swinger; some of the swings are backwards. It's an interesting feeling.

The Mighty Axe - a Zamperla Roto-shake; this ride owns.

Paul Bunyan Log Chute - a log chute, best ride of its kind I've ever been on. Excellent theming, two awesome drops, you don't get too wet, there are two on-ride photos, and it's LONG.

Also I see they have two roller coasters there...Has anyone rode these and can you tell me how they were?

They have three coasters.

Li'l Shaver - don't bother, they won't let you ride without a kid.

Pepsi Ripsaw - very, very long. Gives you some good views of the park. Nice family coaster.

Timberland Twister - the first Gerstlauer spinner. Lots of fun. I like it better than Spinning Dragons for some reason. Be prepared to have sore leg muscles afterward. No leg room whatsoever.

Lastly anyone have any leftover tickets that I can get for the park?

Just get an unlimited ride wristband. There isn't as much math involved and you can ride a little more. And you have a spiffy souvenier.

You should have enough time to do Ripsaw, TT, and PBLC one time and Tumbler, if you're lucky.

I live in the Twin Cities, and go to the park regularly during the winter months.

In order to go to the MoA from the airport (I'm assuming you're flying through on Northwest) go out to the LRT (light rail transit) station. Before going down the last set of escalators, make sure you buy a train ticket. If you don't, and you get caught, it's a $180 fine that'll ruin your day. Then, take the train to the Mall of America and go into the park. After getting the coaster credits, go back out to the transit station and head to the Lindbergh Terminal.

Paul

So the best way to get there is by train then... What other options are there?

Is it in walking distance and are their cabs that transport for a cheap fair?

Screamin' Yellow Eagle - a falling star.

ooh, I forgot about that, and they ran it as well as anyone outside of Monticello too!

The Mighty Axe - a Zamperla Roto-shake; this ride owns.

eh, if you are tall, it hurts.. a lot.

Li'l Shaver - don't bother, they won't let you ride without a kid.

So was I just lucky to get the credit? I havent heard that from anyone else but you..

- Joe, who loves Knotts, err Camp Sno, err the Park at MOA

-Yeah, but they make you pair up now. I think they've succeded in killing all of the remaining ones now.

-Ah, you wuss, it doesn't hurt that much.

-Yeah, I tried to get my friend a credit on it and they wouldn't let us ride. Maybe they just didn't like my friend...

Going to the taxi stand may be convenient, but it'll be about $14-$15 each way. I highly recommend the light rail. One fare will get you to and from there, provided you don't spend more than 2.5 hours in the Mall.

Valleyfair may be 20 minutes away on a Saturday morning with no traffic on the 494 Strip in Bloomington, but try that during the week between 6 AM and 6 PM. Forget it. You'd need to rent a car (no bus service within 5-6 miles of VF), and by the time you got out there, you'd need to come back to turn it in, and you'd likely miss your flight.

Just be warned, it's a LONG way from security out to the LRT.

Paul

Going to the taxi stand may be convenient, but it'll be about $14-$15 each way. I highly recommend the light rail. One fare will get you to and from there, provided you don't spend more than 2.5 hours in the Mall.

Valleyfair may be 20 minutes away on a Saturday morning with no traffic on the 494 Strip in Bloomington, but try that during the week between 6 AM and 6 PM. Forget it. You'd need to rent a car (no bus service within 5-6 miles of VF), and by the time you got out there, you'd need to come back to turn it in, and you'd likely miss your flight.

Just be warned, it's a LONG way from security out to the LRT.

Paul

So what would you recomend as the best transport?

About how much does the LRT cost?

Please get back to me by tonight cause im leaving tommorow morning.

Thanks all