TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR Busch Gardens Europe

I went down to Virginia this weekend with my friend and his dad. We hit a Poniac GTO car show for 2 days and went to Busch Gardens for one day. The line to pay was huge but we went to those quick tickets thing and got right in. The ticket checking gate was going by very quick too.

The first ride we hit was Loch Ness Monster. It was a walk on because there was no one waiting for the second to last row on the train coming in. This was awesome as we were hoping there was not a long line inside. Everyone was either waiting for the front or the back. The ride was pretty fun. I guess it was running smother than usual, one of the kids behind me was talking to his friends and i overheard him say that.

Next ride was DarKastle. I really liked the ride, but my friend said that Spiderman was better at IOA. The inside of the building was very well themed and cold. This was nice because it was really hot that day.

After this we rode Alpengeist. This ride was awesome! The ride was very force-filled, especially around the cobra roll. We ended up riding this ride twice that say. The first time in the last row and the second in the first. As i was sitting down for the front row one of the ride ops was like HEY Theme Park Review! I had my TPR shit on. he was like that would be awesome if you could get them here today! It was funny.

Next was Big Bad Wolf. Sat second to last row. the ride was very fun, the turn after the second drop was faster than i expected. Does anyone know why they always check under those tarp things every time the ride comes in?

Next ride we hit was Apollo's Chariot. We waited for the front row for our first ride. While in line we ran into some other TPR's. Hello to you guys if your reading this! lol! This ride was very fun too! A lot of airtime and speed going into i believe the like 540 degree helix.

By this time we were really hungry and went to eat at the Ristorante della Piazza. The chicken parm was really good and the garlic breadsticks.

After this we went and rode Escape From Pompeii to cool down. We sat in the front row. When we got to the top of the lift hill and went down that little dip into the water. Water came up and over the top and soaked our feet. there was literally like 5 inches of water at my feet the whole ride. Anyways, the ride was fun cause me and my friend like fire so any ride with that is good to us.

I belive every coaster had 3 train operation. I did not see a third train on Loch Ness Monster but we were there for a whole 5 minutes so i could of easily missed it. The longest we waited was about 45 minutes so not a bad day at all! The park was very clean, there was always people walking around cleaning tables and taking the trash out. I will definately visit this park again. Hopefully with a new ride in 2007!

*Sorry! Pictures in wrong order!*

Here are some pictures I took...

P5200070.JPG.d2c00bca04a9f88f2ca0a2ceb32d8137.JPG

First coaster of the day Lach Ness Monster!

P5200071.JPG.c949d6f146864273b8284f6bde28f360.JPG

And everyone goes weeeeeeeee!

P5200075.JPG.23999a12fccb3228e5ca74623a5d3a8a.JPG

Cobra roll

P5200078.JPG.7e1dd3bab0b363ccb3747d78c48612f5.JPG

DarKastle fun ride

P5210086.JPG.0d3c43e331b43bc6019e26de227136d7.JPG

love that turn

P5210087.JPG.87bf36902c1f57d72c0a5fd97db2db78.JPG

Big Bad Wolf

P5210093.JPG.6f8f8685037190cf88403c63b0249131.JPG

P5210095.JPG.c4d5881a98d140e87ef6ee34df349f86.JPG

I like the pose of the three kids in the front row!

P5210097.JPG.a640763b35f4fe3128483af8b5c6ee49.JPG

Apollo's first drop

P5210113.JPG.006012993abc11d9215143c93fefdb8e.JPG

up and over

P5210114.JPG.b474a2de0fd769e343ebe64d5dea085a.JPG

climbing the lift hill

P5210120.JPG.2a0fcda7747ffbb006e6347af2041157.JPG

you get nice whiplash going into that brake run!

P5210121.JPG.ced397959511993659ec722ef917b132.JPG

Alpengeist going through the zero-g roll.

P5210125.JPG.1e68596690b2af7a8ad661ed517c36bd.JPG

Apollo's Chariot flying over the trees from the parking lot.

P5210130.JPG.3764bef4e22ac2e528aa06e1f11fe201.JPG

And i took this cool sunset on the way back to the car.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After this we rode Alpengeist. This ride was awesome! The ride was very force-filled, especially around the cobra roll. We ended up riding this ride twice that say. The first time in the last row and the second in the first. As i was sitting down for the front row one of the ride ops was like HEY Theme Park Review! I had my TPR poo on. he was like that would be awesome if you could get them here today! It was funny.

Next was Big Bad Wolf. Sat second to last row. the ride was very fun, the turn after the second drop was faster than i expected. Does anyone know why they always check under those tarp things every time the ride comes in?

Sounds like you met John over at Alpengeist.

As for the Wolf, they're actually checking to see if anything has come loose (I guess like a bolt or a nut).

Glad you had a good time. DarKastle is fun, even if it isn't up to the level fo Spider-Man.

Nice pics!

The reason why operators are looking inside those tarps on BBW is they are inspecting the "bags" for any excessive grease or any misc. parts (rollback dog c-clips, which can break often). Maintenance (if they still perform the daily routine), often checks the backs as well. Especially inspecting those typical Arrow-made chain dogs to look for cracks/broken teflon coating on the "teeth" part of the dog. Nessie has the same type of chain dog and we have to replace those often (average of about 3 a month or more).

The reason why I know this is because I was a ride op there in 84 when it opened and that was my first ride when I was working maintenance. Grease coming from the chain lift(s) and also grease coming from any of the upper components of the wheel carrier assemblie(s) and/or misc. debris that can collect. One time there was a dead bird in the bag..lol

Can't wait to go back this June and ride DK. I miss working at the park actually..lol

Glad you all liked the pictures!

Kumba9: Thank you for that information! I did not know that the trains were that complex lol!

And before getting on Apollo's Chariot i remembered the whole Fabio inscident and i was like that would suck if that happened to me! The park was crowded but the lines moved very quick!

^At the foot of Apollo's first drop is a small pond, which now has netting and a sprinkler to discourage geese and ducks from staying there. They should call it "Lake Fabio."

Sorry for the post again.

Another reason for the "bags" on BBW was during the 1st two years of operation, maintenance and ride ops were also inspecting the yokes between the axle assemblies. We had inserted a wire-stringy thing (God, I cant think of the proper name today..lol) that was used as a backup to keep the bolts from coming loose. You CANNOT use locktite in these areas/or bolts. So from a safety standpoint, ride ops were told (suggested from Arrow) that we inspect these yokes and pins after EACH ride cycle to ensure they were in place.

After 2 yrs (break-in period?..lol) the BG engineering and ride ops-mgrs informed the ride personnel to inspect for grease (coming off the chainlifts). There were many complaints about guests getting grease on clothing (coming from the holes at bottom of bags).

*Rambling thought I like to share:

My FAVORITE! moment was that when it rains and the second and/or third trains are parked in the ready and safety brake sections (outside of the station), those bags would fill up with the rain water. Well, on a July 4 weekend, BG had this cheerleader competition thing and an ENTIRE trainload of girls (all wearing WHITE!) rode when the Wolf was operational again (after the storm). We (maintenance) had to inspect the ride and give the ok to operations and "clear it" operational.

The first 2 trains (of 3 total) went out on the track and the #2 lift gearbox had a sensor malfunction and e-stopped the ride. Well, during this time another heavy rainstorm came about and ....awww..... those poor cheerleaders (with WHITE shirts) were stuck on the #1 & 2 lifts and when we fixed the ride (sensor replacement) and those trains returned.....fill in the blank what happen next (ALL of maintenance was there to "inspect" the cheerleaders....umm...I mean trains..lol) Best part of the weekend..lol