TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oblivion's Rocket [NL]

Oblivion's Rocket is an Intamin rocket coaster that blasts riders from 0-115 mph in appx. 3 secs. You then ascend a 430 foot tall spike slowly creeping over the top. After that, you find yourself headed straight for the ground completing a 270 degree vertical twist. Before you know what happened, OR slings you up a giant 290 foot air-time hill, before halting you to a temporary stop. After taking a split second breather, riders will plummit back down a 215 foot drop, heading 75 mph through amazing overbanked turns and high power s-bends. Once again, you go into a brake run for a quick breather, then once again your off! This time dropping from a height of 135 feet, you go straight into a giant s-bend under the launch area, and into an overbank. The end of this heart-pounding ride includes two suprises, and one final overbank. OR's track is an astounding 7155.12 feet long, and never lets up.

*There are two versions available for download, the .nlpack version just has a simple car texture.

Oblivion's Rocket2 REGULAR.nltrack

.nltrack version

Oblivion's Rocket2.nlpack

.nlpack version

SS3.jpg.837e041b8043598e3b6509d912aa6e5f.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a very well designed roller coaster, but it's too slow. I know you might have tried very hard for all of those pauses, but it pulls out the ride too long and makes it a bit boring. So all I can ask is...

speed it up a bit, please!

golf-freak

Oh I forgot to say, the only tool used was the node smoother. Oh and thank you for the suggestion, I only made it so long because I wanted a longer rocket coaster. Everyone seems to complain about how short they are, so I made this, keeping that in mind. I guess rockets' aren't ment to be that long.....

Ok, here are some tips you may consider... (by pictures! woo hoo!)

1108381472_TrimBrakes.jpg.096bc35d416c55540460cd29882c8edb.jpg

Why do you have trim brakes right before a brake run?

Stop.jpg.3911e0a19e63515219a110ea9e911e3e.jpg

Don't have the train stop on this hill, by all means. And remove the railing and the brakes. If you want to slow it down, make the track an accelerator piece, then set the deceleration G's to 1 and set the speed to a minimum level and use wheels.

Shape.jpg.ee8a89507f0a2bc1c539ac773ea1666b.jpg

Another thing about the tower is the shape. Notice the differences? I have found it very hard to simulate the actual dimentions of the TTD tower, but you could at least put more work into it.

Launch.jpg.8457e0d3936e78877bb08e4b3b6c90bc.jpg

Rocket coasters don't have big hideous lims lining their launch track, or railing and catwalks on BOTH sides. Try only one side or neither, and use wheels instead. It looks more realistic.

Height.jpg.17df9ea8a92af90dcea4caba529f5677.jpg

It is obvious to me that you were mimicking the TTD tower, so you might want to consider the shape of it. The upcurve on TTD doesn't quite go as high as yours does and the twist is much lower. Notice the lines I drew in.

Clearance.jpg.b2f07c70089247dcf8072d8d8f6a3f58.jpg

You might want to chech the distance between your track and your supports. It seemed a little too close and realistically, if someone stuck their hand out, it would be gone.

Banking.jpg.ed2a4e044e442c96b5e8cc1eaaa83006.jpg

You might want to watch your banking. In this photo you can see that the track banks a little too much, causing for a little too much lateral G's.

Thanks for the comments, I will take everything into consideration. As for the trim brakes, I put them there due to the speed entering the final brake run being too fast.