TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WOF Opening Day, 4/8/06

Got a late start, I went to a party the night before so I was pretty tired. Took a shower, threw in some microwave food for the road, and was off. Got there a bit prior to 9:30, with a slight line for the entrance. Both me and Kenny had our passes already, and the usual 3rd person, Meghan, had to work there now. Our gate attendant was messed up and couldnt figure out how to swipe basically. Took a while but we were off.

The pre opening ceremony started right after we got there, a brief speech from Phil Bender, then Kinzel said a few words. Then the 1st train auction people got on and rode. We got on 5th public ride ever, 6th row. Here we go:

Patriot: 8 1/2/10, It was awesome, but I mean it was a bit weak in some places. Overall a pretty good ride with an awesome drop.

We rode 3 more times in less than a hour, seriously, this is opening day for a brand new big ride and we are getting in a ride that is barely in the main quoue. After that we went on Mamba, got some of the 25 cent cotton candy, did some other stuff. Overall we got 8 rides on Patriot easily before leaving around 4. So today, I hit my 60th credit with Patriot. Pretty good I say?

Next week, we leave on Friday for SDC to FINALLY get Powder Keg for 61. I feel like Marris and Mantle going after Ruth's record!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the way CF has treated WOF in the past couple of years, but they are starting to really give some money not only to rides, but the little stuff like repainting buildings, more benches, just overall improvements including new bathrooms

Guys Patriot is ALOT of fun. This is not biased. I admit it's not AS intense as hyped but there are Instense Burst in quick spots. The park looked great and Mamba was running good. The B-Brakes were very light at night.