TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PGA kinda' sucked, but SCBB was great.

The original plan was for the family to all go together for a day at PGA. Since the wife and the 2 oldest kids weren't feeling well at all, myself and the youngest one headed out by ourselves instead. We got there right when they opened and went straight to Top Gun for a walk-on ride. We then bypassed everything on the left side of the park on our way to Psycho Mouse. It already had a line, but it wasn't too long. We got seated in our car and ready to hit the lift hill, then the thing broke down. We got out and waited by the exit, hoping it'd only be a short shutdown. They cycled all the cars through the track and after just few more minutes we were back on and got our ride. Ok, that wasn't so bad...

So we head over to Demon since it's the favorite of my youngest. It goes down right as we're entering the final queue. (Luckily we hadn't had to wait at that point) We gave it about 10 minutes, and they still didn't have it rolling it again, so we left. I kept looking back over toward the lift hill any time we were in that area, but I never did see it running again, so I don't know if they ever got it going, or not.

I try and try to talk him into riding Invertigo, but that just ain't gonna' happen, so I give up and we go over to check the line for Vortex. It's not as bad as I've seen it, but it's still pretty long, so we pass on that one. Even though I know better than to ride that POS Grizzly, we still go over to check the line... Too long. Back to Psycho Mouse... Broken down again. We go do a quick spin on the Centrifuge ride and then go check the line at Delirium. Way too long.

It's about this time that I'm starting to realize that, for whatever reason, the park is quite a bit more busy than I'd anticipated and just about everything has quite a wait. We rode a few more rides, then we went to the games area, won a couple of stuffed toys, looked over a few of the queue lines again, and decided that we'd had enough. It was only a little after 1 o'clock.

Still having quite a bit of daylight left, I figured that we'd drive over to SCBB and see how it was. It'd been quite a while since I'd actually been there to go to the Boardwalk. My last experience there hadn't been that great at all, but we were pretty pleasantly surprised to find the place not all that crowded. We each got our wristbands and started riding everything in the place with no wait at all. It was my youngest's 1st time there and he loved the place. Providing that the rest of the family is feeling well enough, we'll go back next weekend.

Since my last visit to SCBB a couple years ago (or maybe more, since I don't remember exactly when it was) I kinda' had it stuck in my head that the place was sort of a haven for the less than desirable element of society. This time however, there was a very noticeable security presence and a much more family friendly atmosphere. Who knows? Maybe I just caught the place on a bad day during my last visit, but I know I wasn't just imagining the ghetto factor. In any event, it looks to me like they've cleaned up their act. It was fun and we'll be back. Soon. Btw, The Giant Dipper was running much better than the last time I rode it. I could ride that thing over and over.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats for bringing yourself to make to the last weekend that PGA is open. I just couldn't do it. Still to disappointed with our visit from 2 weeks ago.

I'd love to be at SCBB on a day like today. A nice cool fall day. Just walking down the boardwalk without a care in the world.

Thanks for posting!

I've never really felt the Boardwalk had any kind of ghetto factor. It always seemed to be very family oriented. Except for the time that I went for our Senior Beach day, but then again there were thousands of 18 year old kids there at the same time.

Giant Dipper is the best!