TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

AI is going too fast for me. Do we still need to learn to draw?

I was a bit bored and wondered if Copilot could draw me a photo of Mikey Mouse standing in front of Disney's California Adventure with a sign that read "Big mistake" or "We tried!" and got rejected.  Strangely enough it would let me ceate a photo of Mickey driving a Model 3 but couldn't add Elon because they will not manipulate an image of an actual person, so it was a big no go on uploading a photo of myself and asking to be better looking, but I did have some fun.

After the Disneyland Main Street Electrical, I always wondered what a Barroque Hoedown was, and well pretty impressive:download(1)2.thumb.jpeg.aa2c0279378ce431cbd2761a1abcbd47.jpeg

download2.thumb.jpeg.bab911d6e4a9e0ebab4455c75c61b145.jpeg

But I wanted something more amusement parkey so I asked for a Barroque Hoedown Roller Coaster, and not bad at all:

downloadfile-21.thumb.jpg.97c8d2470d9bc81f523b680c1f2e61e4.jpg

downloadfile-31.thumb.jpg.0449115f3c16e1e8261567923c91b03b.jpg

Now, we had to get Mickey in his Tesla Model 3 or Van Gogh's interpretation of a Disneyland Paddlewheel Boat:

rctgpt3.thumb.jpg.d968a5a6c9dee5f0c18ee0328ae54814.jpg

tprgpt2.thumb.jpg.6b011249d448ad18d7c81d96f6f2bc79.jpg

Now how about:

rctcpt3.thumb.jpg.e45e2939ad31835782448c9bb6b55082.jpgdownloadfile-5.thumb.jpg.e107d9e11fae2c94cdcfc897f46cc2a5.jpgrctgpt5.thumb.jpg.8d747b6f0227a82f7d899aa239b0f249.jpg

Graphic designers and writers are going to be some of the first to be fucked by this. People who ghost write and do similar small scale tech jobs on the side are going to be out of work before they know it.

Tip of the iceberg.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:33 PM, prozach626 said:

Graphic designers and writers are going to be some of the first to be fucked by this. People who ghost write and do similar small scale tech jobs on the side are going to be out of work before they know it.

Tip of the iceberg.

Given that humans have evolved from inventing the wheel to watching the Kardashians in thousands of years while computers have gone within 100 years from simple addition to creating a new Van Gogh painting in about a minute lets us know who if winning in the game of evolution.  When AI answered that they would only take the routine jobs from us; what will not be routine to something smarter and quicker than us in 95% of jobs within the next 5 to 15 years?  AI could be nice to us but the programers created it to save money through productivity increases/layoffs.

• Like 1

Yeah. The most scary part to me is that it's a private sector arms race at this time to see who can make the best programs the fastest, without thinking about the consequences. God only knows haw fast governments are moving on it.

This will be ether a spectacular success, or failure catastrophic to all of us who have absolutely no say so. I'm not a fan of government regulation, but I feel the need for some kind of intervention.

Everyone is so concerned with us vs. them social issues right now that most people I talk to have absolutely no idea this is all happening. (by design?) Those most influential with AI claim it will be immeasurably more significant than the industrial revolution, and it will happen much faster than anyone will see coming.

• Like 1