TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Reithoffer Shows will be doing the Coastal Carolina Fair in Charleston, SC in 2022.

.https://carnivalwarehouse.com/newsserver/reithoffer-shows-signs-coastal-carolina-fair-1649635200

This year it was announced Reithoffer Shows will be doing the Coastal Carolina Fair in Charleston, SC. This spot was previously an Amusements of America spot and PBJ Happee Day Shows of Marion, Arkansas provided some book-in rides like the Moby Dick and Flatline 360. I think having a new company at the spot will be better logistically for the Caspers because South Carolina is a long way away from Arkansas and they usually stick to fairs in the Mid-South (They usually do Mississippi fairs in the Spring and Arkansas, Tennessee, and Missouri fairs in the summer.).

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if they do still, but they did a lot in the PA/MD areas about a decade ago. I know they used to do the York Fair out my way and also did The Great Frederick Fair for years (they may still be doing it).

I always liked Reithoffer, made friends with some of the older employees throughout the years. Of course it's still a fair setting and that means some questionable operations at times, but the people I knew took safety very seriously at their shows.

^ Agreed about Reithoffer.  Their orange unit (which is the unit that will be playing the SC fair) plays the Canfield Fair here in Ohio each Labor Day weekend.  They usually bring an Interpark Zyklon, the Kroon Dutch Wheel, a rare Huss Flipper (called Tornado), a Technical Park Street Fighter Revolution called "The Beast" (using The Incredible Hulk as its logo), and several carnival classics like the Zipper, Sizzler, Starship 2000, Wisdom Himalaya, Sea Dragon, YoYo, Chance Thunder Bolt, and an ARM Vertigo.  The rides are in decent shape and while most of the ride ops I dealt with didn't speak English, they got you on and off the rides efficiently.  Considering some of the other midway companies that play northern Ohio (Kissel Bros, Lisko Family Midway, AoA) offer some questionable machines, it's nice to visit a fair every once in a while where the rides actually look sort of safe!     

18 hours ago, BitterOldHag said:

^ Agreed about Reithoffer.  Their orange unit (which is the unit that will be playing the SC fair) plays the Canfield Fair here in Ohio each Labor Day weekend.  They usually bring an Interpark Zyklon, the Kroon Dutch Wheel, a rare Huss Flipper (called Tornado), a Technical Park Street Fighter Revolution called "The Beast" (using The Incredible Hulk as its logo), and several carnival classics like the Zipper, Sizzler, Starship 2000, Wisdom Himalaya, Sea Dragon, YoYo, Chance Thunder Bolt, and an ARM Vertigo.  The rides are in decent shape and while most of the ride ops I dealt with didn't speak English, they got you on and off the rides efficiently.  Considering some of the other midway companies that play northern Ohio (Kissel Bros, Lisko Family Midway, AoA) offer some questionable machines, it's nice to visit a fair every once in a while where the rides actually look sort of safe!     

I have yet to visit a Reithoffer event. I've been to a PBJ event (Amory Railroad Festival), a N.A.M.E. event (the Mid-South Fair in Southaven at the Landers Center), and a Wade Shows event (the Tupelo Fair in 2014 but Wade no longer had room on their schedule for it so somebody else has the spot now) but I don't think Reithoffer plays any events near Mississippi that I'm aware of. Would love to see them some day, though! Their rides look awesome and in great shape/condition!