TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I was scammed by a "Park GM"

Hi everyone,

I really wanted to share my story so that way people can be aware that I was scammed. There is an Instagram run by this kid and he was acting like he was the son of Lake Compounce's GM, Jerry Brick. I kinda believed it, but it was just friendly chat through DMs so I didn't think much of it. He would always say he was the son of Jerry Brick and he knew what was up with the park. A month down the road and many talks later, he found my personal Youtube with my name, church (which I later edited out of everything on that page), and my personal email as I work as an actor in LA and people have hired me after seeing my reel before. I am seriously getting ticked at this point, but I still never really connected the dots (I'm just a kid, cut me some slack lol). I confronted him on why he then shared my info I don't want shared since I run a popular IG Coaster account and would rather not have all my fans know that stuff. Then the kid acted like gave his phone to Jerry, and then sent me lying, rude, and misspelled DMs trying to shove it under the rug obviously knowing if I went public, everyone would know he was a huge liar. This continued when he made a fake email under Jerry's name and tried emailing me acting like he was Jerry, and a fake IG account acting like he was Caleb, Jerry's son and Thomas's (the kid who ran the scam's) brother. Caleb is Jerry's son in real life and niether of them have a relationship with Thomas (the kid who ran the scam) by the way. I have a feeling something is really, really off at this point and tell him that I will be contacting the park to verify his relationship, it turns into a major blowout, and this is when I was almost 100% sure that it was a sham becuase Jerry is a very nice person and would never cuss me out or act like that. He then sends me concept art for "future additions" which I than ran by a friend and found they were from 2007, but I wouldn't have known that since I was young at that time and I wasn't an enthusiast. He then threatens (still under the guise that he's Jerry) to call Six Flags Magic Mountain and get my pass revoked if I don't apologize to his son for calling him a lair. I know it's a total scam at this point so I email the park, blocked the kid, posted about this publicly on my coaster IG, and I really wanted to let you all know so you can avoid this scame because I've heard from other people that he acted like he blocked them from visiting LC and they had to pay to be unblocked, and several people almost fell for this. I am really upset right now so sorry if it's a bit ranty-ish.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

(I apologize for the double post) And several people have told me he's tried to get money out of them by claiming he's blocked them from visiting LC and they have to pay to get off the blocked list and he will give them free tickets to the park if you shout him out on IG. And if you think about it, he made a Google account under Jerry's name, a fake IG acting like Jerry's son, he stalked Caleb, Jerry's son, to the point where he has tens and tens of photos of him and his family, and has tried to get things outta people under this lie. I mean, he has photos of them on a hike, Caleb wrestling, Jerry/Caleb's family photos, them watching Caleb's wrestling stuff, and having that much personal stuff tricked me. Thank you so much for listening and please stay safe.

Never give out personal information to someone you've only met online. Anyone can pretend to be anyone, really. Plus I don't think Jerry would be showing that kind of stuff to his son.

But pertaining to the pictures he posted, I'm assuming it was pulled off a social media page if he was able to obtain it so easily, I wouldn't really call that stalking