TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hydro Adventures, Poplar Bluff, Mo.

Once again I discover new and awesome things via RCDB. Hydro Adventures in Poplar Bluff is the owner of the Tiger Terror coaster as well as 4 other rides from Route 66 Carousel Park. New this year is a scrambler and a new coaster "Galazy," which I would guess is a Galaxi model.

Poplar Bluff is a long way from everything, and Tiger Terror and Galazy would not be reason enough to go, but this sounds great for locals. If nothing else, this is evidence that the new owner is investing in the park.

www.hydroadventures.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting. They've got a respectable complex there, and this is a big expansion to their dry side. I'm curious to see how far they'll take it. The location doesn't seem to be ideal at all, but I could see taking a road trip out there someday to see that part of the Ozarks.

Didn't know Route 66 Carousel Park had closed. I was always hoping that one would grow into something more as well.

^^ Yeah, Carousel Park definitely went out with a whimper. They never added anything after 2011, but up to the end of 2014 there weren't any signs of it closing at all. Then it just simply didn't open in 2015. The owner apparently wanted to retire, so they sold off all the rides and that was that. Shame, really; the midway wasn't much, but the newer additions were really nice, especially the go karts. I don't believe I've seen another go kart track with a chicane. It was a great track.