TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Destination: Cedar Point (and Kings Island)!

Sorry I guess I was not explicit enough. The free upgrade for fast lane is gone. It no longer exists at any Cedar Fair park. Last year it was only available at Cedar Point. There is no harm in asking but unless the park reinstated it in the last month it is no longer an option.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Understood, I guess I was just looking for clarification as Philrad71 says he was able to get the free upgrade this season.

Regardless, it's really not a big difference and we'll still wait and see for both Kings Island and Cedar Point on Fast Lane passes. Would it be possible to grab two night rides on The Beast with Fast Lane with a 10pm closing? How are the merge points at Kings Island's major Fast Lane attraction queues, particularly Beast and Banshee as the other two rides on FL+ are early entry so that's the deciding factor for regular vs plus for us.

Thanks for chiming in.

It can be hard to get multiple night rides on The Beast. Part of the problem is that the ride shuts down 30 minutes early due to the fireworks. The line stays open so you can still get in line up to closing. Then around 30 minutes after the fireworks once they are certain the ride is not on fire they reopen the ride to finish running the line. It is easier to get multiple night rides in the fall when the sunset is earlier.

^So the ride closes for more than 30 minutes around 9:30? That kinda blows. Oh well.

So with Fast Lane maybe it's safe to get in line around 9:45 and still grab a front seat ride (and therefore another night ride beforehand elsewhere), or can you not skip enough of the queue to grab the front?

Sorry for the super in-depth questions but I would really be lost otherwise. Greatly appreciated.

^So the ride closes for more than 30 minutes around 9:30? That kinda blows. Oh well.

So with Fast Lane maybe it's safe to get in line around 9:45 and still grab a front seat ride (and therefore another night ride beforehand elsewhere), or can you not skip enough of the queue to grab the front?

Sorry for the super in-depth questions but I would really be lost otherwise. Greatly appreciated.

It closes for around an hour but if the park closes at 10 then yes it would be 9:30. You should be fine jumping in line at 9:45.

I bought three FL+ on Jun 7 and was ready to pay full price when they asked me if I had a Platinum Pass. I showed only mine and she gave me all three passes at FL price. It may have only been an early-season deal, but I'd say good chance still going on.

We also drove down to KI the day before and were on the fence about getting FP's for a mildly/moderately busy day. At the end of the day we definitely regretted not getting them.

^Understood, I guess I was just looking for clarification as Philrad71 says he was able to get the free upgrade this season.

I didn't ask about a discount when we went to the ticket window at the Breakers entrance. I believe that she just asked us if we had Platinum Passes when we said we wanted two FLP's, we showed her our passes and she said "That will be $73 each" when the sign in the window showed $93 for FLP (on a Sunday).

I think that's a great idea to offer a FLP discount with a PP...although I wish that they would also offer a little discount at all of the resorts too!