TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top 5 Worst Standard 689m SLCs

Since someone mentioned the ending of T2 being different on a previous page, I watched a pov to compare it to other SLC's I've been on. Honestly, I don't know if its the setting or something, but the whole ride looks different. The drop seems really mellow compared to other SLC's, and the banking after the sidewinder also looks totally different. The rolls also seem to be a bit more mellow with an easier entrance, as well as the turn exiting the rolls which appears almost 90 degrees on T2.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After a quick glance at my coaster count, here is a rough ranking of how I'd rank the various SLC's I've been on.

1. Thunderhawk - MIchigan's Adventure (Seriously, it's really good. This ride messes up my Mitch Hawker ballot I liked it so much)

2. Mind Eraser - Six Flags New England

3. Gauntlet - Magic Springs

4. Mind Eraser - Darien Lake

5. Ednor - La Ronde

6. Mind Eraser - Six Flags America

7. Flight Deck - Canada's Wonderland

Granted 7 isn't a large sample size...but still.

The only ones I've ridden are Ming Eraser at SFNE and SFA and Serial Thriller / Thunderhawk at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure / Geauga Lake. Both Mind Eraser rides are terrible but I actually enjoyed the one at Geauga Lake. It was much smoother than the other 2.

I'm surprised to hear so much hate for Flight Deck at CW. I didn't think it was all that bad at all for an SLC when I got on it a couple years back; better than Mind Eraser at SFNE, even. I must have gotten a really unusually good ride on it.

On the other hand, I willingly re-ride Volares, and I loved Lake Compounce's Wildcat even a few years back, so...maybe there's just something wrong with me.

I'm surprised to hear so much hate for Flight Deck at CW. I didn't think it was all that bad at all for an SLC when I got on it a couple years back; better than Mind Eraser at SFNE, even. I must have gotten a really unusually good ride on it.

On the other hand, I willingly re-ride Volares, and I loved Lake Compounce's Wildcat even a few years back, so...maybe there's just something wrong with me.

It is the only SLC I have ridden, and having a Vekoma SLC at a park like Canada's Wonderland is horrible.

I find Flight Deck is running better than previous years....especially this season.