TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Should coaster entrances have weight scales?

I don't support scales. I fit on most Intamins despite being at the alleged "weight limit" of 230lb. Weight is not the determining factor, it's shape.

There is an alleged weight limit of 230lb on Intamins? I haven't been on a scale for a long time but I reckon I'm in that neighborhood. However I'm 6' 3" and nobody would call me fat.

I've heard chatter about it, but I call bullcrap. Or at least it's not a hard set limit.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big-ish guy and one of the main motivations to drop a stone or four was when I was singled out by a ride op in the queue for Silver Star at EP. He made me use the test seat before I could queue any further, and I heard the words nobody wants to hear, "Row 5".

I think having an op tell people to use the seat is probably the best way forward. I know I'd rather walk past the end of queue with people thinking I've chickened out instead of walking out of the station with people knowing I'm too fat.

I don't know much if they do this in other countries but at least over here in finland they don't need like light indicators or such to tell whether the restraint is locked or not because they always test it by pushing the restraint strongly down and then pulling it. On each restraint. It's really efficient

I don't know much if they do this in other countries but at least over here in finland they don't need like light indicators or such to tell whether the restraint is locked or not because they always test it by pushing the restraint strongly down and then pulling it. On each restraint. It's really efficient

They do that in the US too. However, the lights are not so exactly to indicate whether the restraint is locked. They show whether the restraint is down enough. A restraint can lock, but still be too high.