TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Phantom" Single Rider Line for SFGA's Goliath.

JamesMC

Robb....

Today was finally the day I got to ride "Goliath" at SFGA...........yay for me. However, way back when the ride was announced, it was stated that there would be a single rider line. Bonus points for me, because I am usually at the park by myself. My wife buys me a season pass every year for my birthday, but as she is not a roller coaster enthusiast, I usually go alone.

I knew "Goliath" would not be ready by the projected date, which didn't surprise me considering our very harsh winter here, but I had the occasions to visit the parks three times prior to the new ride opening to the public. That's cool and I understand, things have to be tested and be safe....I anticipated this.

However, when I went to the park on a short visit (meaning I could not physically be at the park before 2 p.m.) I was certainly looking forward to getting my Goliath credit using the single rider line we were promised. Now that the ride is officially open.

Here are the six completely different responses I received when I asked six different employees about how to find the single rider line.

1:) We no longer have the single rider line. Everyone except Flash Pass has to wait the same amount of time.

2:) We are not offering single rider lines today.

3:) Yeah, the single rider line, there's no rhyme or reason. Sometimes we have it, sometimes we don't. It's not an option today.

4:) It depends on the "lead" in the station. If they need single riders they'll let you do it.

5:) Yeah, you can do a single rider. You have to wait in the line until you get to the Flash Pass entrance (from the overflow queue), but when you get there, just tell them you are a single rider and they will let you in." Which they DID not! At this point it did not matter because the ride went down due to a power outage at the whole park.....everything stopped.

At this point I asked again, when does the single rider line function....I was very polite and I proceeded to tell them that I know that they don't make the rules for the single rider line, but my question was, when does it actually exist? Absolutely none of them could give me a valid answer.....all the ops just said "This is what we were told" and I believe them.......it's just not consistent.

Finally another line attendant/op/ gave me another answer...........

6:)We always have a single rider line when we are only running one train...that's about it.

I wish there were single rider lines on everything, but I know that's not going to happen.......

This one was kind of promised.......I just want an official "binding" answer on when I can go to SFGA and ride Goliath and be able to use the single rider line......If it's not gonna happen that's allright (in the sense that I cannot correct all the injustices of the world), but I do want to know one way or the other.

Does Goliath have a single rider line or not, and what are the restrictions? Just looking for a concrete definitive rule....right now, there is not one. And that's a little frustrating.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't even care....IF....they had not made a point of saying there would be a single rider line......I was like "WOW", and I just kind of ended up as "Ugh!"

Anywho, fantastic coaster, can't wait for the last couple weeks Great America is still open daily BUT the kids are back in school. I'll get my credits for sure...........I don't want summer to end, however, I do have some ride time planned for Goliath!

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you had anything to do with this (both Robb and Elissa),

But there is a Single Rider line now in place for Goliath.....

The only caveat is that the line has to have a posted wait above 60 min for anyone to be able to use it.

I got six rides on it on Tuesday....as a real single rider....and I never waited more than 25 min....two of the rides I was onboard within ten min.

One of the ride ops/station groupers said to me and another single rider was that Goliath will have this option, and depending on it's success that we may see more slow loading coasters build this in next year.....yay!