TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo DisneyLand/Disney Sea trip with 5 year old or Paris?

Hazyland

Hello everyone,

This is my 1st post here however I have been following you guys for about a year or so. I saw a few other Japan post however I did not want to take over those since this is specific to TDL & TDS. (with a little Paris Disneyland inserted).

Basicaly, I want to go with my wife and 5 year old (will be in November of this year) to Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. We have been to both California and Florida's versions and now want to expand. I am sort of torn between Tokyo or Paris to go to first. We most likely will not be able to do both on the same trip as might be too much travel for my daughter so will not be able to do one of them till 2007 at best. I guess my 1st questions is out of Tokyo and Paris, which Disneyland parks are best to go to out of them both for a 25+ married couple and a 5 year old?

I also have some questions which would pertain to both parks however mainly Tokyo. Is the language barrier hard INSIDE the parks? From pictures I have seen it seems to me that they have English on most signs? Also, does the audio on most rides contain English too?

(sorry for all the questions ;( , I am just wanting to make sure we know what we are getting ourselves into)

Also, what is the best time of year to go to Tokyo Disneyland/Sea & Paris Disneyland in 2006? We really want to go as early as Feb or so , somewhat early in the year? I just want to make sure we wont get rained out or many rides closed. That brings me to another important question. I would HATE to go all the way there and find out a big ride is closed. Do they have anything in english that is pretty update on ride refurbs for Paris & Tokyo? Thanks!!! I am sure there are others I left out too hehe

Big fan!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't comment on Paris, but the Tokyo parks were definately "English-Friendly". It took me until the end of the day to actually realise that all the rides were named in English rather than Japanese.

Some shows had English-audio - through headphones rather than through the PA, others had English "subtitles" on a display, although I remember the Aladdin 3D show not having anything.

Anyway, the Tokyo parks are easily manageable for non-Japanese speakers.

This is a hard question.

Disneyland Paris is SOOO Nice, until you go to Tokyo Disney! Honestly I worry that if you go to Tokyo Disney first, you won't appreciate the Paris version as much as it deserves! That's kind of a silly reason though so instead I would say to do Tokyo Disney first because it is very English friendly (all the foreign disney parks seem to be!).

Tower of Terror opens at DisneySea Late Summer of 2006, I believe that Disney Paris' opens in 2007...

As for your 5 year old. I honestly don't think they'd be able to tell the difference between the two so decide for yourself what you'd prefer!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask more!

I think the Tokyo Disney website has a list of rehabs an closures. I would say the Japan would probably be busier and with longer waits, therefore less suitable for a 5 year old. Also, form what I remember of Paris, its been 12 years since I`ve been, there were more child friendly rides and play areas at Disney.

Letme know if you need any more help.

I can only speak for Paris...

Although some things I have heard about Japan;

Japan park is always busy, with long lines all year round. (please correct me if I am wrong)

Paris has shorter lines. Nicer for the little once.

About Paris. It is my home park (living in Belgium) and I have been for many times, still in love with it.

My son was 6 weeks when he went the first time. We go about 7 to 10 times a year and can only say that my son has loved every moment of it... (He is turning 6 in two days - so that have been many visits already)

need to see some great pictures from Paris and a lot of extra info; check out our website http://www.dlp.info/guide

Whatever your choice is going to be

1 Have fun

2 We expect a full trip report

Thanks everyone for their info. After some thought from readin this site and such and talking to my daughter I think we are going to go to Tokyo first. However, it seems we might be going sooner then we thought within the next few months maybe. Is this ok weather for this time and for re-furbs at Tokyo Disney? We are thinking either Mid October or Mid November. We will be there for 4 days so the crowd issue is not going to bother us too much I don't think(I hope it wont anyways!!!)

Anything else I need to think about if going within the next 2 months? Now I need to try to find decent nonstop airfair there from Oregon and hotel. I think we will try one of their hotels, even though may be much more money however we didn't plan to rent a car and travel anywhere else except the Disneypark.

I think it's a perfect timing (though of course, mid-November would be even better since they have Christmas events at BOTH parks)! They have Haunted Mansion holiday version already set up, plus at TDL, they have a lot of Halloween decorations, that's aimed for the kids. And of course, like always, they have a Halloween parade.

They also have Dramatic DisneySea at TDS, and have exclusive shows.

The rides closed at each park is as follows during the period you are going:

-Western River Railroad - 2005/9/15~10/5 (TDL)

-Pinocchio - 2005/10/1~10/14 (TDL)

-Jungle Cruise (not going to miss much, since it's completely in Japanese) - 2005/10/2~11/10 (TDL)

-it's a small world - 2005/10/16~11/4 (TDL)

-Magic Lamp Theatre - 2005/10/10~10/22 (TDS)

-Mystic Rhythm - 2005/10/1~10/9 (TDS)

Oh, and I'm going to put not-to-be-missed attractions especially since you have a small child with you since I'm in a lucky mood!:

-Disney's Electrical Parade: Dreamlights (TDL) though it uses the same music, all the floats are different, and are HUGE

-Pooh's Hunny Hunt (TDL) just awesome

-Halloween Parade (TDL) again, this was pretty cool. Fun rather than scary

-Disney's Dreams on Parade (TDL) The BEST day-time parade I've seen

-Mermaid Lagoon Theatre (TDS) Again, pretty good show, especially if your child loves Little mermaid

-Lilo's Luau & Fun (TDL) reservation required at Polynesian Terrace Restraunt. Get there QUICK!)

and everything else that your child loved at DLR/WDW