TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Open Orchards

The wooden coaster to me looks great- something that fits with a small/medium park's basis...

But your flume needs some serious re-think... ASAP. The splashdown zones are FAR too short, and you're going to end up with riders being verrrrrry uncomfortable getting thrown into the next county out of the logs. I'd consider not only lengthening the ride (Yes, that means getting a longer platform, as well as lowering it down quite a bit but also extending the splashdown sections by a factor of 6. In addition, add in meandering sections, both at the top of the lifts and after the splashdown troughs- your guests will be MUCH happier in the end.

R.D.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting some further improvements, I would like everyone to still know that i am still looking for names for both rides.

Shot0023.thumb.JPG.9d3fdc53a34605be88aab91591aab0d1.JPG

^ I hope this works better, still a lot to finish.

Shot0024.thumb.JPG.bcb161f9b8f90d0ff60e8534bbbcfcce.JPG

^ In the place of the other flume is this small woodie. Its supposed to be an older coaster from another park moved here to be used as a kiddie ride. Again, still a lot to work on

^^ Will do!

^ Thanks!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Excerpt from Caldwell Herald September 28, 1966

Another Coaster?

By: John Browning

Shot0025-1.thumb.jpg.df1af6542827308a2a622d369ce3cfb8.jpg

The park has just sent us pictures of another new Roller Coaster. This one will be much smaller than BarnStormer, actually about half the size. They said that this was not designed custom for the park, and moved piece by piece from a defunct park in Illinois. They also released a picture of the layout.

Shot0026-1.thumb.jpg.b9701242f3a6638c3dab4def0e3f17d2.jpg

The ride shouldn't be too intense, it should be a good start for the younger ones to afraid to go on the BarnStormer. The park is also asking the general public for name suggestions. Here at the Herald, we came up with the Lil' Stormer.

Shot0027-1.thumb.jpg.e183dbbcfafaf001f09abd81b0b462a1.jpg

As the autumn turns to winter, we should expect many more updates from the construction site before the harsh Michigan snow drifts in.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously, I am still asking you all for the names of the log flume and the new coaster. Don't hesitate to post your ideas!

The new coaster looks great. Honestly, I really suck at names so the best name for the log flume I can come up with is Caldwell Logging Co. It's not great so you don't have to use that name. And I actually think the log flume would be better with a small hill in the long straightaway and some more meadering before the big hill.

WOW I love it! The scenery is on point, and I love the farming theme you are using. BarnStormer has to be my favorite, it's so realistic! One thing I do suggest is to vary your landscaping a little, even though what you already have is fine!

^^ Done, thanks for the advice

^ Thanks! The park is currently situated on a flat area (although I did add a sizable hill behind the chairswing) although when it expands it will go out onto a more hilly area, so everything wont be flat.

Just more WIP shots. I'm not sure if I like this as much but I thought I would post it anyways.

Shot0033.thumb.JPG.c9710729277143548184b0c33b4765e7.JPG

Shot0034.thumb.JPG.9a115e5ced36bf90c1fde1278eac9fcc.JPG

Shot0030.thumb.JPG.7360fd3536f605e533d7ff22c5be48ae.JPG

Included this because it looks nice, and shows the skyline so far.

Your log flume looks good! Although I'm not really a fan of the long straight bit before the lifthill... Maybe you can put in 2 S-shapes in there? one going left, and the other going right so you'll end up at the same place before the turn. Just like you did before the exit-station. And maybe put some bushes on the rocks?

^^ Thanks! I like that name as well.

^ I would change the layout, but that would take time that I don't really have. I will add some foliage though!

From now on I am going to stop being lazy and actually post true updates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Excerpt from Caldwell Herald October 3rd

By: John Browning

Fire at Open Orchards Park

The remnants of Travel Thru The Wilderness lay in the hearth

Shot0038-1.thumb.jpg.e82a64ce67114448375b3019fd0ee228.jpg

Two days ago Testing started for the ride Travel Thru The Wilderness. Everything was going fine until the finale of the attraction began testing. The finale, which was an escape through a wildfire malfunctioned. There were fire crews on hand in case of this, but the fire spread quickly and tore through the ride including the ride's station and entire layout including scenery. Luckily, the wind blew away from the log flume located next to the attraction, so it wasn't damaged. The fire was eventually put out before it reached any other attractions too. Travel Thru The Wilderness had to be completely demolished as nothing was salvageable.

Front Line Entertainment has released information stating that the attraction before the fire had gone quite over budget. The fire had caused the company to go under much financial strain, and it didn't seem as if the development could continue as expected. That was until a numerous amount of donations from unnamed sources streamed in allowing the park to begin development again, next year.

Now its time for you all to decide what big thing will go in that big hole (...that didn't come out right)! Don't delay, post your ideas today!