TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's the best way...

Thunderhead

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could look into taking Amtrak or another train, or a Greyhound bus. Holiday World is in the middle of nowhere though, so you may need to have a car once you get into the area anyway. If you decided to fly, your most practical option to fly into would be Louisville International Airport in Louisville, KY, which is around 60-90 minutes away from the park. There is also Evansville Regional Airport in Evansville, IN, which is just under an hour away from the park. However, while Evansville is a mid-sized city, flying there may be more expensive than a major airport such as Louisville.

Top Gear studies prove.......the automobile is still the best, and fastest mode of transportation. Twelve hours is nothing. Man up.

You can also break up the drive by stopping at tourist spots/hotels/parks along the way, if you have the time to.

12 Hour drive? No thanks. How have you TPR members gotten to Holiday World? Train is preferable, but at this point I'm down for anything.

All help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I live in Kansas City, and I drove to the park in 2008 and 2009, but flew in 2010 and 2011. It's about a 7 hour drive. I flew into Cincinnati, though, since I like to hit Kings Island since I'm in the area. It's about a 4 hour drive or so from Kings Island. If I was only going to hit HW, I'd fly into Louisville as it's not that far away.