TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Great Adventure & Hurricane Harbor

Report: My family went to the park last Monday for a get-together with some of our cousins/relatives, though ironically we all never rode anything together and we all met up for only ten minutes in total. Anyway, we entered the park about five minutes after it opened and I decided to go straight to the Green Lantern on my own. Little had I known that it already had a crowd of people waiting as well, but it was still a five-minute wait for me. The coaster was better than I expected, and besides my head being bit shaken up, I have no complaints about it. I was actually more surprised that it had a single riders line (even though the line doesn't start until you're more than halfway through the queue). Overall, I think Green Lantern is a welcome addition to the park, even though it can never truly replace GASM.

After Green Lantern I headed for El Toro (two trains), which surprisingly had no lines aside from the first few and last few rows, meaning multiple rides. Bizarro had almost no lines either, but unfortunately, the audio wasn't on (at least on the train I rode). Then I was able to snag rides on the Skyway, Nitro, and the Dark Knight, each with little to no waiting time! After a short family reunion, my party went outside of the park shortly for some delectable KFC. Most of the rides had started to gain lines by that point and I was only able to get rides on Twister, Tornado, Batman, and Green Lantern again (the latter was a 30 minute wait even with the single rider line). I didn't go on Kingda Ka because of that, but I heard from one of my uncles that it was down for a little while. Since there was not much else for us all to do, my party left around 7:00 PM and went to the Hampton Inn to stay overnight so that I could go to Hurricane Harbor the next day.

I had never been to the water park before and I gotta say, it was smaller than I had expected. Since the forecast for that day called for scattered showers, there was barely anybody in the water park. It actually only rained once for about 10 minutes and it didn't halt the rides at all. Pretty much every ride had waits of 15 minutes or less, except for Tornado which was I guess half-an-hour. And right before I got to ride it, another single rider rode it and had been flipped over causing a short delay, and even though I heard that he wasn't injured, single or double riders weren't allowed from then on, and I had to wait a little longer to ride it. I only spent about 3 hours in HH, but it was still an overall fun two days. 5 Flags out of 6.

Park Ridelist: El Toro 3x

Green Lantern 2x

Nitro 1x

Bizarro 1x

Batman The Ride 1x

Dark Knight 1x

Rolling Thunder (right) 1x

Skull Mountain 1x

Tornado 1x

Twister 1x

Skyride 1x

• Replies 3