TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Banshee: DROPPING dead this summer...

Only thing i can criticize is that it does not appear to be a full 90 degress. Other than that, this is awesome. Great work and very inspiring, as I've always thought model coasters were a thing of beauty.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend getting the track in place primed, moving into it's final shape, then airbrushing or spray painting with the supports masked. This way you won't have to handle it hardly at all once it's been painted.

Also, it that your final drop shape? If so, please fix it before calling it good, and then do my suggestion-

To be fair, dive machines only have a max angle of 89 degrees, that is not the final drop shape because I need more of the clips that attach the track to the supports. Should be in shortly, within the next two days.

Because my first drop transitions from preform to flex track it will take some adjusting to get it just right. Yesterday I put the track together as a mockup just to take some pictures. It looks like I need to move the support beam holding the track at its closest to vertical point needs to be moved one space back on the grid below, then it will be steeper.

To be fair, dive machines only have a max angle of 89 degrees, that is not the final drop shape because I need more of the clips that attach the track to the supports. Should be in shortly, within the next two days.

Because my first drop transitions from preform to flex track it will take some adjusting to get it just right. Yesterday I put the track together as a mockup just to take some pictures. It looks like I need to move the support beam holding the track at its closest to vertical point needs to be moved one space back on the grid below, then it will be steeper.

Only on the first few when the wheels weren't spring loaded, and to keep the wheels in constant contact, they made the drop 87-88.8 degrees. On Sheikra to present however, the full 90 is achieved because of a redesign of the chassis that allowed spring loaded wheels.

^ Ahh, that makes sense, I didn't realize they now went a full 90. I put the rails on my model and tweaked the drop a bit, it now goes perfectly straight down for a very short length before going into a wide pullout. The Immelman still needs a lot of work, still waiting on those parts. I also put the model people in the train so when I attach the new wheels they will be at full weight for testing.