TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Uk parks trip

Blackpool is one of these places that seems to be absolutely adored by TPR - but actually a lot of UK park fans think it is dirty, scruffy with rude and disrespectful staff! That said,it does have its fans and does have some truly classic rides however loads of these have been removed in recent years in favour of the likes of Infusion or newer dodgems. Nickeoldeon Land does look good on the other hand, and Valhalla is brilliant. The Nash isn't half bad either!

I'd say it is worth a trip, though. Blackpool, Camelot (if only for Knightmare - plus it's close to Blackpool), Alton Towers (best overall park in the UK by some distance), Thorpe (great thrill rides but not much else), Chessington (cute family park with nice theming), Oakwood (for the two big coasters but it's an absolute ballache to get to), Drayton Manor (not far from Alton Towers), Flamingoland and Lightwater Valley (just for The Ultimate) are worth a visit. Flamingo and Lightwater are also quite close.

Alton is particularly worth it at Halloween and for Fireworks in November.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ The frisbee at Flamingo Land is called Navigator. Flamingo is in the middle of the country!

^ I completely agree with you on the Blackpool front. It is scruffy, dirty and it looks abandoned. I enjoy the coasters but it just feels very dead. I hope this new refurb will help.

^^ The frisbee at Flamingo Land is called Navigator. Flamingo is in the middle of the country!

^ I completely agree with you on the Blackpool front. It is scruffy, dirty and it looks abandoned. I enjoy the coasters but it just feels very dead. I hope this new refurb will help.

Navigator's the Disk'O. I think the Frisbee is called Flip Flop, although I'm not 100% on that...

And I agree that Blackpool Pleasure Beach is scruffy and dirty. I love it!

as you are here for a year, you can break up to a couple of mini trips. However you do it, I would not miss:

Blackpool - so much history and uniqueness. You dont come off rides that are mirrors (or so similar) of many round the world.

Alton Towers - beautiful lanscape with some thrilling rides fitted in.

Drayton Manor - worth the visit for the stand up and the drop tower

Lightwater Valley - brace yourself for the Ultimate

Other than Legoland, I have not been to the parks surrounding London, and as my kids are now all over 8, I would not rush back to Legoland Windsor.

re Blackpool, someone said you need to pay per ride. Nope you can get an all day ticket. As to its appearance, it is packed together in a small space so will never have the asthetic appearance of a WDW, Alton Towers, Europa Parc, etc etc

but on a sunny day, with the crowds about it is a classic seaside amusement park atmosphere that no where else in the UK will match. Wild Mouse was mentioned - dont listen to the comparison made. Blackpools is a classic wooden wild mouse, not one of those steel things you see all round the world.

Best way to decide which of these parks are best for you, look at the TPR park list for photos and also the TPR trip reports. If I was hosting a visitor to the UK and they could only attend two places, Alton Towers and Blackpool to me are the cant miss places.