TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Changping Tielu Park and Yinxian Resort (10/16/10)

I got up early this morning to go from Hong Kong to China's mainland. This required me going through Immigration at Shenzhen even though Hong Kong is now part of China. My destination today was the city of Dongguan. I had plans to visit two parks.

The first park I visited was Changping Tielu Park. This park has no entrance fee and features about 10 rides. One ride is a Wild Mouse coaster. I do not know the name of this ride as I can't read Chinese and there was no English name on the sign. This mouse is like the ones I rode last weekend at Jinying Park and Xiaofantian Paradise when I visited Guangzhou. This mouse coaster was originally located nearby at Yinxian Resort. Yinxian Resort would be the second park of the day.

RCDB lists Yinxian Resort as DaiXia Garden, but the English wording on the entrance here says Yinxian Resort. Yinxian Resort has undergone a makeover in the last few years. It is a very big area, but the amusement rides are located in only one section of the park. There used to be rides scattered throughout the resort. There were two coasters here at one time. The mouse was moved to Changping Tielu Park, according to an employee I spoke with and the powered coaster has been removed. There is a larger steel coaster here that is odd. It looks like an Arrow or Vekoma single loop coaster, but it runs a 6 car train and each car only seats two riders. This coaster is simply named Roller Coaster. A sign at the entrance to the ride calls it Roller Coaster and park maps also call it Roller Coaster. The loop on Roller Coaster was very painful, but I had no problem with the rest of the ride. Roller Coaster was bought as a second-hand ride for Yinxian Resort. I do not know which park it came from, but I have never ridden or seen another coaster like this one. I wish they would give Roller Coaster a new paint job as the park has some really nice garden areas and the selection of rides is pretty nice. The best part about Yinxian Resort is the admission price. It costs 50 Yuan (roughly $7.50 USD) to enter and ride the rides.The park also had very long lines as I waited about an hour to ride the coaster.

After riding the coaster and walking through the park, I took a long walk back to the train station and came back to Hong Kong. With the two coasters I have added to my track record today, I have now ridden 647 different coasters.

713109589_MouseatChangpingTieluPark1.JPG.2b70d9fa11034afeb09e356f0fce5e27.JPG

Changping's Mouse

319295334_MouseatChangpingTieluPark2.JPG.d39ff09eddb883f57c83330a57bb5cd1.JPG

Another shot of the mouse

1945276342_MouseChangpingTieluPark3.JPG.e68dfa67eeb53f49830766ed2acffeb5.JPG

Another view of the mouse

1463101470_RollerCoasterYinxian1.JPG.a6af5df8d8824ad7c60fe4126806c4c5.JPG

Roller Coaster at Yinxian Resort

2138857177_RollerCoasterYinxian2.JPG.fcbdb496e0c9a627c9d20b6e167f6c01.JPG

A shot of Roller Coaster's Lift Hill

2028779042_RollerCoasterYinxian3.JPG.908d5434791298be932e8a61da80555b.JPG

Notice that the loop is smaller on this coaster than it is on other coasters

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow Darren. That single loop coaster is......interesting to say the least. Looks like the loop on Flip-Flap! Thanks for posting this. Never heard of these coasters. I'm still trying to figure out how to get to Korea right now by the way. heh. Next year at some point, too bad you had to move.