TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR (but not really): Wild Water and Wheels

I moved to Peterborough a little over a month ago, and finally got a chance to go see this weird little coaster for the first time since I was 10 years old. I didn't get to ride it since it's closed for the season. Sad. I did ride it back when I was 10 and remember it being pretty cool. I have no idea how accurate that is though. Basically, you climb up a few flights of stairs, sit on a little red sled, and the ride op throws you over the edge. Fun! Pictures now.

pipeline.jpg.75bca615314903221e6eb79dd17f8a77.jpg

The layout. There are a few bunny hills off to the right, but I couldn't get a better angle because of the fence.

pipeline2.jpg.fbb7f8ff66b1f5f92597f735b927af4c.jpg

There is a mini-golf course inside the coaster. There is also go karts and a driving range.

pipeline3.jpg.7f49f47bca5b1201c65e316093badc84.jpg

This is about as interesting as these pictures get. Yep.

pipeline4.jpg.7b1c5f13cc750fd31a73722403c562a9.jpg

The bend before the bunny hills. Or hill. I can't remember. This is a very short coaster.

pipeline5.jpg.b46e99e8fd577275f30cab6023c613b8.jpg

The first drop...and there is also a super happy fun slide! That is really all that is at this place though. The end.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom - Come visit! Jer and I will take you to this wacky coaster.

Elissa - It's in a small town about an hour and a half from Toronto and it's in this tiny little 'fun park'. Probably not even worth the trip if you guys are ever in Toronto again..although from what I remember they let tiny children ride on your lap. A KidTums credit, perhaps?

It does, you're right. It's pretty strange. Hopefully it'll open early enough in the Spring so I can ride it and do a "real" TR before I move back to Toronto.

When I rode it back when I was a kid it did have a seat belt. It even 'locked'. They had to use a key type thing to let you out. They were using the same sleds as the one in Tom's picture, so probably the same thing.

I remember seeing this on RCDB a few years back, and was just thinking of these a couple weeks ago when looking up Alpine Slide crashes. Anyway, I came across a video on Youtube of this strange 'coaster.'

Also found another one at a different park. Looks like it's in better shape but I like the straight drop on the video above...seems to pick up more speed, plus the pop of air at the end.

This one's in Ontario, Canada.

I've only ever ridden one of these and it was in Sauble Beach Fun World in Ontario, Canada. They took it out this year to make room for three other coaster. But it is one of the most unique experiences ever with nothing surrounding you but a seatbelt.