TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Okay as most of you know newton 2 is program that basically makes your rides in no limits silky smooth when used correctly. For those of you who don't know me i am the person who placed third in the recent cedar point woodie contest. Well my skills with no limits have improved greatly. Pulling 4.8 G's reaching 58 miles per hour and standing 153 feet tall i am working on a project known to you as x-force. I will hopefully have pictures up sometime tomorrow.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^Both is usually the best way to go. But its kind of difficult to rate his use of Newton2 without seeing the .newt2 file. (It wouldn't be a bad idea to post it if you still have it, inflameswetrust21)

I will rate the ride itself right now, and I'll critique your use of Newton2 later if you post the file.

Technical: 7/10, the track was (obviously) very smooth, but lacked flow and pace, (this is a common problem when people first start using Newton2, just keep practicing.) and also had some really wonky transitions. (The one into the main brakes most notably.)

Adrenaline: 6/10, the first drop was pretty damn exciting! (Even for being trimmed!) But that was about it, the rest of the ride was kinda "meh." Nothing bad, but nothing that really set it apart from the crowd either.

Originality: 9/10, Well, I've never seen anything much like it.

Prototypicality: 4/10, The ride deviated pretty far from real life practices. This ride should not have been running 3 trains; 1 or 2 would have easily been sufficient. Running 3 trains caused there to be undesired stacking on the lift hill. Also, neither of your brake segments should have stopped your train; magnetic brakes can not bring a train to a halt on their own. They need some sort of friction brake or drive tires to stop the train. Also, your second brake run should not have been magnetic for the reasons stated above.

Average: 6.5, Not bad, but not great either. Keep practicing, you have the potential to be really good!

^ That's what I was going to say. Your transition into the brakes is weird, too many trains, and magnetic brakes can't stop a train. Also, take the brakes out of your station. Tires will suffice. They can stop trains too.

Why did you have one segment of three-tube track over the station? That was weird. Actually, most of the ride should have been three- or two-tube track. The ride's not big enough to need four tube.

Edited by haux

Actually at newton 2 i'm having a lot of trouble with inversions. I can make them using the tutorials but i can NEVER make them clean outside of a default newton 2 file. And it sucks because i have alot of ideas but they are either B&M inverts or Intamin looper's(idk what they are actually called i forgot but rides like maverick and storm runner)

I congratulate you for giving newton2 a spin! I have been telling myself for awhile now that I will try out newton, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Just as one thing to keep in mind, make sure your track passes the tunnel test. The first support out of the station violates the rule. Not a big deal, just make sure you give that consideration, too, when trying custom supports.