TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT2] Arizona Thrills

Hello again. I've just started on a park called Arizona Thrills. It's in Arizona, and it's thrilling. It's a side project that I'll work on if I'm not doing anything. I've started with the rides and stuff, but I'm nowhere near done with the park, let alone theming. Here are some pictures:

SCR2.BMP

Tarantula, Good Eats! and Skyscraper.

SCR3.BMP

Vertigo, Bloons, and Park Services.

SCR4.BMP

Entrance and station to "The Big One"

SCR5.BMP

TBO's track. It's a GCI woodie.

SCR6.BMP

Overview of the park.

Edited by Pingu1651

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other parts. It seems like it's missing something, I just don't know what. Please comment and critique.

SCR1.BMP

Overview of new area.

SCR2.BMP

The Kitchen and The Porch. You order food in the kitchen and eat it on the porch. You can also see The Whip in this picture.

SCR3.BMP

Sweet Stop and DISorient.

SCR4.BMP

The interlocking corkscrews of Mojave Viper. High Flyer and Round-Up are in the picture two.

SCR5.BMP

The rest of the park's floorless, Mojave Viper.

SCR6.BMP

The midway food shop. I like the fountains and foliage a lot. Also, it's hard to see, but I made Vertigo longer.

SCR7.BMP

The park's not so grand entrance.

SCR8.BMP

The park's Arrow double looper modeled after Geauga Lake's "Double Loop".

I have two small nit-picky things about the park: first off in the third to last screen, next to the bigger pond/fountain, it seems like you have one to many flower beds, second I think you should maybe try to build the hyper maybe going all the way around the park instead of way off to the side. It might help you fill up some more space.

Otherwise the park looks like it is coming along quite nicely!

I am a bit concerned with the super wide paths in places and the lack of any green land. Even in the desert, a theme park would have some grass areas. They may pay out the butt to keep it watered by they would have it.

As you saw, I started with a grass park. But, as Cavs Fan said, you'd think Arizona would be hot and dry and deserty (for lack of a better word). I will add some grass area near the main midway and near The Dipper.

And @ triggelnel, I redesigned the hyper, Thunder Run. It's longer and more exciting (8.20, one of my highest ever!). I knew it looked a little wierd.

Pictures in a couple days.

The guys on youtube care so much about excitement ratings!! i should know as i was one of them. I looked up to matsku84 on youtube as he was the best rct2 player on youtube. If i could describe him i'd say he's freerider of NCSO scenery. The one thing he inspired me to do is (before I ever knew about NE or TPR) was make insanely rated coasters.. The best one I've got was in a contest that I've quit on. It was a giga called green predator. Although it was compact and not the best looking coaster ever. It was the highest rated with 11.92 excitement ratings! It was covered in scenery (fantasy buildings & stuff and jungle trees) Of course i can't get a coaster excitement rating go over 9 these days anyway.. even if i started building like my old self again

...Of course i can't get a coaster excitement rating go over 9 these days anyway.. even if i started building like my old self again

I have to agree with Pingu1651, realism over ratings every time. I see those parks on YouTube filled with crazy out of control coasters and just roll my eyes at them. No offence to anyone intended. While it is fun for awhile to build such things just to see what kinds of ratings you can get it really does nothing for building up your skills in the game. The games rating system is so flawed anyway. Things that should be exciting are not (Launched Free Fall Towers), things that are never nauseating in real life are over the top on the vomit scale in the game (Suspended Swinging Coasters) buts things that should be aren't nauseating at all (Twister Coasters with 7+ loops). The intensity levels are just a stupid. I don't ever worry about the Excitement when I build rides, I just try to keep the Intensity and Nausea down to a level that will make the RCT guest want to ride while maintaining a realistic look. I always open parks up to guest so I always make sure they are happy.

Anyway, happy to hear your going to a little green back on the map, that was all I wanted. Just a little here and there.

...Of course i can't get a coaster excitement rating go over 9 these days anyway.. even if i started building like my old self again

I have to agree with Pingu1651, realism over ratings every time. I see those parks on YouTube filled with crazy out of control coasters and just roll my eyes at them. No offence to anyone intended. While it is fun for awhile to build such things just to see what kinds of ratings you can get it really does nothing for building up your skills in the game. The games rating system is so flawed anyway. Things that should be exciting are not (Launched Free Fall Towers), things that are never nauseating in real life are over the top on the vomit scale in the game (Suspended Swinging Coasters) buts things that should be aren't nauseating at all (Twister Coasters with 7+ loops). The intensity levels are just a stupid. I don't ever worry about the Excitement when I build rides, I just try to keep the Intensity and Nausea down to a level that will make the RCT guest want to ride while maintaining a realistic look. I always open parks up to guest so I always make sure they are happy.

Anyway, happy to hear your going to a little green back on the map, that was all I wanted. Just a little here and there.

There are good players on youtube for instance abbe5454. He does pretty cool stuff with NCSO. His scenery actually looks good instead of cluttered and messy.

I suggest you remake it, you need something to really stand as the king of the coasters in your park. An Intamin will do, but it need to be crammed in there. Just start with a small 5ft. drop and then take a 180 turn and go from there. It can be very far out the long way but you can't have and airtime hill and then a turn and repeat, it's very land consuming and it doesn't look good. Not trying to be a jerk.

Edited by Montuman99

I suggest you remake it, you need something to really stand as the king of the coasters in your park. An Intamin will do, but it need to be crammed in there. Just start with a small 5ft. drop and then take a 180 turn and go from there. I can be very far out the long way but you can't have and airtime hill and then a turn and repeat, it's very land consuming and it doesn't look good. Not trying to be a jerk.

I agree.

You could even make a nice new turnaround