TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

(Uninverted) Inverted Loop? [NL]

I was playing RCT2/3 recently and I came upon a problem, as we do, regarding inversions. Normally, I tend to shy away from inversions because they aren't always the best thing for most types of rides. The problem I have is because I enjoy faster rides, I'll make rides higher with higher drops and that creates more speed but vertical loops were meant to be taken at a certain speed in order to cancel out the G forces. Well, getting frustrated, I decided to try something else. How could a loop be taken at high speeds be able to work properly? Well I tried to "invert" the looping so that the train actually goes around the OUTSIDE of the loop rather than the inside and see if I could get some negative Gs out of it. Unfortunately, I can't DO that RCT2 or I just haven't found a way, yet.

I've been toying recently with NoLimits and I'm working on one project with my "Inverted Loop" but I wanted to give the idea a test run. I opened up the stock track "Big Loop" and tried it with the first loop and changed the "roll" settings to a rough outline.

Big Loop-100716052738000.bmp

The Loop

Big Loop-100716052932002.bmp

Entering the Loop

Big Loop-100716052935003.bmp

The Ascending Twist

Big Loop-100716052938004.bmp

The Apex

Big Loop-100716052941005.bmp

The Descending Twist

Big Loop-100716052945006.bmp

The Exit

Now this is just a rough draft of what I want to do. What I've noticed is that during that twist up, and down, there's pretty high rating of negative Gs and Lateral Gs. I figure this could be remedied with a larger loop (height wise), and a larger distance between the entrance point and the exit point. What'd I also like to see if a train could get enough speed, when it levels out at the top of the loop, would it be able to act as a "top hat" of sorts and get some airtime out of it. Any help would be appreciated.

PS: From my understanding, Positive Gs make you feel heavier as if gravity is increasing, and Negative Gs make you lighter as if there is no gravity. What exactly is bad with a high rating of negative G's?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic