TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Florida Trip

Coasterlicious

Here are some questions I have for anyone willing to answer them.. Family will be setting up a Florida trip soon, it will be my first time.

1) Is 9 days enough to fully visit Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens?

2) How far apart are the Disney Parks ?

3) What Disney resorts would you recomend?

4) What else is there to do in Florida.. ? Any fun local parks with good coaster credits?

5) Is it worth going to both of Disneys water parks?

6) Do the lines at Disney/Universal/Busch move fairly fast?

7) Are Floridas beaches nice? What areas do you recomend?

8) Is the Animal Kingdom boring?

- Thanks...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) Yes.

2.) 10-20 minutes driving away from each other.

3.) Port Orleans Riverside

4.) Theres Cypress Gardens, Sea World, Wet n' Wild, Discovery Cove and more... and Uncle Bernies a drive away.

5.) Yes.

6.) Completley depends on the time you go.

7.) Meh.

8.) I think it isn't, but a full day would allow you to know this park like the back of your hand. If you hate animals... well...no.

1) Yes, but maybe not if you wish to do everything.

MK 1-2 days

MGM 1 day

Epcot 1-3 days

Thpoon Lagoon .5 days

Blizzad Beach .5 days

Universal 2 days (thats IOA and USF)

Busch Gardens 1 day

2) Not very. Park hopping is easy. from MK there is the monorail to Epcot, from Epcot there is the boat to MGM (Epcot and MGM are extremely close, but not like DL-Cali Adv close or anything). You have to rely on a bus to get to Animal Kingdom, as with the water parks, unless you wish to drive.

Parking tickets are good all day at any park. So if you go to Epcot and wish to drive to Animal Kingdom it's no problem.

3) Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge. For easy transportation the Contemporary, or any other of the hotels around the lake.

4) You wont have time it sounds like. Disney Quest is pretty cool tho.

5) Yes, unless your not much of a water park fan.

6) Disney and universal move nicly, but Busch like an average amusment park, lines are fairly short tho.

7) Yes. Clearwater is nice, but it's a drive.

8) The Animal Kingdom is not boring. There are a few fun rides and cool shows. The Animal areas are great to walk though.

The train to whever is pretty much a skip. There is a petting zoo and they have the nursery are over there, and thats it pretty much.

1) Is 9 days enough to fully visit Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens?

Plenty. You can do the Disney Parks in 4 days (with some waterpark action), Universal in 2, and BGT in 1.

2) How far apart are the Disney Parks ?

They are all very close together. Not exactly walking distance (except MGM and Epcot). Disney has bus transportation that will take you anywhere on their property.

3) What Disney resorts would you recomend?

For a family, I would probably recommend the value resorts (All Star/Pop Century)

4) What else is there to do in Florida.. ? Any fun local parks with good coaster credits?

Old Town and Cypress Gardens both have credits. Fun is in the eye of the beholder. I notice that you make no mention of Sea World. I would highly consider a visit.

5) Is it worth going to both of Disneys water parks?

I have only been to Typhoon Lagoon, but it is excellent. Highly recommended.

6) Do the lines at Disney/Universal/Busch move fairly fast?

Almost all of the rides at these parks are very high capacity and move crowds very well. Make sure you take advantage of Express and FastPass.

7) Are Floridas beaches nice? What areas do you recomend?

For a good beach visit, try to spend spend a couple days in the Tampa area and hit St Pete Beach or Clearwater.

Is the Animal Kingdom boring?

Many people slam Animal Kingdom, but I find it to be very enjoyable. It is a good park if you want to end your day early and grab a good bite to eat at one of the local restaurants. MAke sure you get there super early and head straight for the safari. The animals are only active for the first hour or two that the park is open.