TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tel Aviv, Israel

Me and my friend Kir got back at about 1am this morning, but because it was burdenous London Luton Airport we had to wait until about 5am to get the train home. After getting about 2 hours sleep the previous night, and a crap nights sleep on the beach the night before, we were absolutely exhausted!

But, it was amazing, so it's fine

In this TR i'm going to combine both of our photos, due to the fact that I covered Superland and my night photos came out a bit crappy.

We didn't take pictures every day, so i'm going to split it into 3 sections;

1 - Beach and Leisure

2 - The Theme Parks

3 - Night photos of the city

So yeah... here is part 1!

Gay times at Luton <3

The room was basic to say the least... but for £12 a night i'm anyones!

Suddenly we were in the sun! This was the view from our balcony.

BEACH!

...other direction

Kir dancing with JESUS in the background...

Close up of JESUS

Lots of the locals were doing yoga and stuff, so we had a go at some acrobatics <3

Me getting rid of my shorts-tan. We did actually go for a swim, but no photos l'obv!

Group photo taken just before our SILENT DISCO on the beach!

So... after a day of sun and sea, we got ready to have a night out on the gay scene for some SEXy gay Israeli men There aren't any photos in the club, mainly because we were too trashed, but there are a few that we don't really remember taking, and only found out about when scrolling through photos when we woke up on the BEACH the next day

Before we left, post-bottle-of-vod

Lolz

Pwetty

<3

Irresponsible ///3

We're SUCH british louts.

To be honest, it's all a bit of a blur... and I don't remember much between that and waking up on the beach. I remember V'ing, which is how I must've hemoraged a blood vessel in my eye. AMAZING NIGHT!

Stay tuned for part 2!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Welcome to Israel!

It's not every day that I see my town on a PTR. Especially when it's not by me

You guys were staying right by my house!

That's not an expression, you seriously have to cross only a crosswalk or two to get from my house to where you guys were staying.

I hope you enjoyed your stay here! What made youd ecide to visit Tel Aviv of all places?

Well, we like to see new places, and when we heard that EasyJet were starting a route to Tel Aviv we booked early, and got flights for £100! Plus, the weather, beach, gay scene etc just looked great. It was fabulous!

We stayed in Sky Hostel, if you know where that is. It's right near an AM-PM supermarket. Haha.

Wow... So you didnt even stay across the street! The hostel is in the building next to mine!!! How cool is that?

Shame I didn't know, woulda said hi or something!

And jeez! only 100 euros?! That's cheap!!! I might end up going on another vacation in London again sooner than I thought!

Part 2

We visited SuperLand on the Saturday (the only day the park is open every week, except holidays!), and unfortunately this was the only day out of four that the weather was a bit crappy. It was cloudy, but very humid at 26 degrees. The photos didn't come out very well, because for some reason my camera can't cope with dark conditions!

We got up quite late, and due to no busses running in the day due to the holiday Shabatt, we decided to walk. It took us about 3 hours to walk to the park, so we didn't get there until about 3pm!

The beaches in the Slums of Tel Aviv aren't exactly luxury...

It was VERY windy, so we were doubtful that rides would be running, but luckily everything was!

The park is literally in the middle of nowhere, and we were greeted first by the SLC 'Kumba'.

Blurry photo of the lake and ferris wheel...

The park had a sky coaster, and some pretty cool, random themeing.

Hadn't done one of these in years, so gave it a spin. Pretty meh.

We gave the SLC a spin, and it was actually pretty good, well, for an SLC anyway. I guess the fact that it only operates one day a week makes it ride like a newer coaster...

The theming was good for an SLC too!

Victims/riders coming back towards the station:

Crap photo, but the eyes are fab so i'm posting it!

If you can walk under this without banging your head you're too small to ride!

OldSkool inverter ship, with the shortest cycle ever...

Swans through a waterfall <3

Second CRED, a fab pinfari looper!

Big wheel again...

Ghetto Log Flume, which got us SOAKED //3

They also had rapids, which I failed to take a photo of!

Although, I HAD to get a picture of the most amazing carousel EVER <3

Palm tree speakers <3

Strange...

Kiddie CRED <3 <3 <3

Not a PHONEME.

Rockin-Tug

Kir and the Mascot.

... and the Exit/Entrance, with added floodlightspite.

Leaving the park, we spotted a H&S claim oppertunity <3

Night picture cred

So yeah... that's it for SuperLand. Sorry about the picture quality... although NOTHING would look nice in that weather haha.

The next day, it was nicer, and we headed to LunaPark, but it was SHUT! SPITE!

Boomerang SPITE

... and the new cred being built. Crap photo because we didn't even BOTHER getting out of the taxi when we realised we'd been spited.

It looks like a rollerskater.

On the way back we got dropped off at the Marina, which was right by the domestic/millitary airport. Planespotting <3

Marina

Part of the city...

Sunset

... and finally some art, illustrating how GAY tel aviv is. Some guys, one with a bumcrack out, peeking into the toilets/changing rooms on the beach!

Part 3 to follow soon/eventually.

You... WALKED?

From Tel Aviv to the Superland?!

You do realize that there is an entire CITY between Tel Aviv and the Superland, which you crossed, right? The city of Rishon Letzion.

I'm a huge fan of long walks but I must admit... that is beyond my limit.

Very interesting seeing all of this from someone else's perspective.

Also interesting seeing Superland in that sort of dark, gloomy weather. This sort of weather can be pretty rare here, especially when visitng a park. Usually I don't even go to a park if it might rain because if it rains for too long they shut down mroe than just the rides.

What does the "phoneme" caption on the entrance sign mean?

Also, if you knew that parks here are only open on Saturdays and holidays, why did you go to Luna Park Tel Aviv on a sunday? Or is that how you found out?

Also, that wall painitng is by a famous Israel wall painter called Rami Meiri. His drawings are a part of Tel Aviv culture. That beach is called "Metsisim beach", translated it means "peeking beach".

And I'm fairly certian they're peeking iinto the women's locker room, but I guess it's open for interpertation

Oh, and I got confused, Sky hsotel is not the one right next to my house, Momo's hostel is(which is in the same building as the AM-PM). I would actually have to cross a street to get to Sky Hostel!

You guys should let me know next time you're here!

^ Haha yeah, it took HOURS. Walked through Bat-Yam too, which was bigger than I thought. It seemed like more of a 'locals' tourist resort, we were the only non-Israeli's there!

SuperLand is open saturdays, but Luna Park's website said 'weekends', so I thought that seeing as Sunday is at the weekend it would be open! No biggie though, I want to go back anyway... and when I do i'll give you a shout

^Sunday isn't part of the weekend in Judaism. Sunday's the beginning of the week.

And Bat Yam... Eh... Let's just say that if Tel Aviv is New York, Bat Yam is Newark.

EDIT - I just noticed it replaced the words l*ocker r0om with "Fluffy fluffy goo filled medicine whatever", as well as replacing "X-D" with that annoying boys in tights line... More filter fun?

^ Ahh poo. It was probably open on the Saturday then! Ah well, theres always next time!

Part 3

Buildings on the beach, right near our hostel:

A few pictures of the Azrieli Center...

Bridgeeeee

One of the transport routes into Tel Aviv, with more buildings in the background...

Kir shortly before the airport security the following day... having every single item RIPPED out of your bag and tested wasn't exactly fun!

Just before the 5 1/2 hour SleasyJet flight back to Luton;

... and finally, back at Luton, feeling like poo!

Part 3 was shorter than I thought it would be, but meh, thanks for reading!