TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. This thing has serious potential as a dark ride or even a full-functioning coaster. Have you considered selling idea and concepts like this? It's truly amazing and you have incredible skill and the imagination to think this up. Really amazing.

I can't take all the credit here. John Hogg is the one who actually invented the concept and he does hold patents for it. Check out their website. It was while reading this interview with John when I decided I was up to the challenge of trying to model this thing on the computer. My design is loosely based on some of the concept drawing from John's patents sprinkled with my own ideas.

You're exactly right though, the CRC could function as either a high speed steel coaster or a slower, more thematic dark ride experience. The possibilities are endless!

• 11 months later...

I recently entered CATIA's 2011 design visualization contest, which will evaluate realistic rendering images that use CATIA functionalities. Whether a real-time screen-shot or a calculated rendering, the designer's image will be submitted to a panel of CATIA experts and fans will be able to vote for it via the application. The contest runs from July 21 to September 9, 2011. The two best competitors, selected by the fans and by the CATIA experts, will win an Apple iPad2.

My entry is, of course, the cantilevered coaster- a revolutionary concept pushing the thrill ride to the next level of unpredictability and excitement by utilizing two tracks which follow different courses causing the vehicle to swing in a side to side yaw movement, pitch front to back, and an up and down vertical stroke. Please vote for my design here! Thank you. http://apps.facebook.com/dassault-catia/profile/150.html

2.png.f27a5fe2fc1056d8b4615af11598c44b.png

• 5 months later...