TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dr. Pepper - Woodie [NL]

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Instead of going for a twister style layout start off with an out & back so that you can get the hang of the editor....believe me I know that making curves & trying to keep the G's to acceptable levels is not easy(see my Behemoth & Thunder Road coasters two examples of this) but it can be done.

Like me you must be relatively new to NL so figuring out the complex geometrics of track design is probably frustrating you & getting negative reviews is even more annoying but don't worry about what others think of your designs because in the end that's what they are "your" designs & nobody else's.

By the way, you don't have to zip tracks you upload here, it's much easier just to upload the track file rather than have it compressed first!

Lets see what this thing can do....

Well, it is very smooth, VERY smooth. I think your overall trackwork will improve over time, as will your judgement of banking and such, but for now i would say this was a pretty good attempt at a wooden-twister.

Don't forget to put a brake run at the end of the ride though! Kiddie coasters go straight into the station like your coaster does, but that's only because they are slow enough to have the brake run IN the station!

I would like to see you have a go at an out-and-back coaster, something with quite a few hills and big turnarounds. Keep it up!

Wouldn't an upzip file go past the 150k limit?

Thanks for the input guys. An out and back is next on my list, now that I figured out how not to kill the riders with lat gs

Unzipped NL files are fine to upload. Also I think that your out and back coaster should be a B&M because we haven't seen you build one of them.

Wouldn't an upzip file go past the 150k limit?

Thanks for the input guys. An out and back is next on my list, now that I figured out how not to kill the riders with lat gs

Unzipped file are fine to upload. Also I think that your out and back coaster should be a B&M because we haven't seen you build one of them.

Per the upload rules:

2. File Size:

Your file can be UP TO 2 MEGS in size.

So for example, if your .nltrack file is more than 2 megs, ZIP it up!

Reading the rules, will get you far.