TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park at Atlantis Resort?

I'm not sure what to think of this, but I was on vacation last week in the Bahamas and my family and I took a ferry from Nassau to Paradise Island. While on the ferry, the tour guide told us that Atlantis Phase 3 was just recently completed and Phase 4, another hotel tower, was being prepped for construction. He then told us Phase 5 would consist of both a zoo and a THEME PARK. The guide told us with Phase 5, Atlantis is aiming to be the new Disney World. However, once I came home, I searched for info about this and found nothing. Personally, I don't think the theme park would be a major theme park, because I don't think there is enough room on the Island.

The Bahamas could get their first roller coaster.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nassau is a terrible, terrible place. Atlantis is in a lot of financial trouble as well right now.

I don't think we'll be seeing any Theme Park at Atlantis anytime soon. Especially not one remotely close to "Disney Quality"!!!

I was there recently and didn't hear anything. If they plan on being the next Disney though, they're going to need to do something about the ridiculously inflated prices. It's one thing to charge a premium because you're on a resort and on vacation - that I understand. But $20 for a cheeseburger and fries, $14 for a frozen drink, or $330 dollars for a bottle of Ketel One vodka - you've got to be kidding me.

Are they going to charge $100 for admission to the theme park? The whole time you're there, all you worry about is how much money you're spending on random stuff.

Yeah, I was really disappointed. My brother and I really wanted to go to the waterpark. So when my family went to Paradise Island for the day, we find out the only way to visit the waterpark was the $110 per person combo pack. There was no way we paying that. The aquarium by itself was $60. The aquarium and beach (I think) were about 90$. They should let those who want to go to just the waterpark, to pay for just the waterpark. But I guess that's the main attraction and tourists are suckers for that stuff and will pay that fee. We would have gone to the waterpark if it was available for $60.00.

Also, on the ferry you could see the construction starting for the new hotel tower, so at least that is definatly true. But the amusement park in "Phase 5" would have be so small, that I doubt it is a "true" amusement park.

^They also don't want a ton of people creating lines at the park which is promised to be very exclusive to those staying at the resort.

A lot of people on the cruise ships will find a better deal to rent a room at either Atlantis or the Comfort Inn which then includes four wristbands for the beach, waterpark, aquarium, etc.

Maybe check that out next time if you want to go!

We've stayed there twice and it's not cheap. We stayed at a comfort suites, right next to Atlantis. From my understanding, some of the cheaper hotels in the area are linked/ owned by atlantis, so that people on a tighter budget can still do all the atlantis stuff. I think comfort suites is only like $150-$200 a night (not bad compared to other places around there). We were able to go to the waterpark and do all the stuff at the resort.

The food is a huge ripoff though. The reason I say this is not because it's high quality restaurant food that's expensive, it's that you buy a cheeseburger, fries and a drink and it's $15. These are high school cafeteria style cheeseburgers too. Also, they have a really nice all you can eat buffet with a stir fry station/ chef, chocolate fondu, and all kinds of fancy stuff and that was $40 a person!!

I wasn't a huge fan of the resort. There are definitely better places that you could go to and get a much better experience.

When the place first opened everything was incredibly expensive. $10 for a hot dog! But it was the place to be seen for people from NY and Miami.

People caught on to the rip-off and stopped going so now they are offering really smoking deals on rooms to get you there and then they hit you with the ridiculously high prices. I imagine that everyone will catch on to that soon and then they are going to be in a world of hurt.

The out-islands though are absolutely beautiful. Just skip the Atlantis. I can think of plenty of better values in the Caribbean.

Back on topic. I think that Decades will be built here in Arizona before an amusement park is built on Paradise Island. A park there would be susceptible to taking a direct hit from a hurricane.

The more I think about, the more I think it's called a "theme park" but is not what we would define as a theme park. I bet if it gets built, it would be small rides. Perhaps, due to the hurricanes, it'd be indoors. I personally don't think it's worth it. Why a zoo also, though? That is just too much!