TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Visiting from Australia

AC1965

Hey guys, I will be in the USA for a month in August and want to visit some parks. I was wondering if any of you could recommend your favourites ? I prefer coaster parks. I arrive in SF and fly out of LA so I have a month to travel all around the USA.

Also if anyone wants to come to the parks with an Aussie tourist then that would be a bonus.

Look forward to any replies.

cheers,

Archie

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a general comment that I think many people would list these as some of the best parks in the country that you would most likely like to visit depending on how many you want to visit. In no particular order these 6 parks have good reputations,

Six Flags Magic Mountain, California

Cedar Point, Ohio

Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Virginia

Six Flags Great Adventure, New Jersey

Hersheypark, Pennsylvania

Universal Studios along w/ Islands of Adventure, Florida

I don't know how familiar you are with american parks but I suggest you look at their official websites along with the TPR Park Index and coastertube. You also might want to check out sites such as Coastergallery.com, rcdb.com, and youtube.

Thanks for the tips guys. It's going to be hard to do all the parks so I guess I am going to have to be selective and pic the bigger parks. Start in SF, then mabe up tp Ohio then down the east coast, across to Texas before heading to LA. From what I can tell not many of the parks are in the cities which is going to be a real pain getting to them !!

^Are you renting a car and roadtripping the whole thing? Flying to different places and renting a car? Relying on Public Transport?

Keep in mind the US is roughly the size of Australia so going from San Francisco to New York is like Brisbane to Perth!

I think we need some more information about you and your trip before we can realistically help and suggest things for you.

I plan on flying from city to city, I have been to the USA before so I know the country well, just never had the time to visit theme parks before. I have always travelled with people who hate coasters so trying to get them to go to a park and wait hours to go on rides was never going to happen. This time I decided it's time to travel on my own and bugger my mates. I probably will rely on public transport and I know that will be a challenge but I've been looking at some of the parks listed and they generally give you instructions on how to get to them. I have 4 weeks and having visited the states before I don't have to do any touristy things so this is strictly a "get up, have breaky and go ride coasters till I get sick" !!

I've done the same, I did the LA parks using the standard tour operators to get to the parks.

I flew to Cleveland & went to and stayed at Cedar Point. Then I went to New York and did Great Adventure which is easy to access by public transport from Manhattan, and I also went up to Springfield from New York to get to Six Flags New England, as well as down to Harrisburg to go to Hersheypark.

Once you work out what parks you are going to, I'd recommend looking at whether getting a Six Flags or Cedar Fair season pass is worth it.

If you need any tips about details, send me a PM.