TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tall people??

Jen84

Hi everyone! This is a bit of a random question so here goes... is anyone one here particularly tall? The reason is that my fella and I are hitting Orlando 3rd Aug- 18th Aug, I have been before but my fella hasn't. He is 6ft 4in and a little wary of not getting bits of him chopped off on the rides! I have tried to explain that there is no way the parks would let that happen as the lawsuits would be unbelieveable and showed him the pictures of manta being built with the cage round the track to check the reach of the ride. Is there anyone on here that is tall like my fella and done the big rides in Orlando and Busch Tampa and lived to tell the tale so I can reassure him. Or does anyone know of any construction requirements surrounding this area that would put his mind at rest? Thank you so much!

Jen X

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 6'4" almost 6'5"... at Cedar Point.. it's ridiculous, so I have developed some tips that may or may not help you or other people reading.

When riding, go for the front seat on a car, it typically has A LOT more leg room than the car behind it.

Get in the car first- you'll need the few extra seconds and room to get situated.

Try the test seats- If you can't fit, it's better to know before you wait an hour for the ride.

Jeff

Thank you all so much for your help! I'm sure that will make my fella feel better and the tips sound great. I'm so suprised the supports on space mountain get you! Doesn't it hurt?? Lucky it's closed this summer, don't think I'd get him on it now you've said that! Sorry it's taken me ages to reply, out internet has been broken for 2 weeks!

Thanks again!

Jen X

I'm 6'2" and the only thing I can recall significant was that I could touch the top of the tunnels in Space Mountain (not the supports) if I put my hands up... not something I'd try again, mind you, but interesting to know it can be done! He really shouldn't worry about something like losing an extremity though; as you said, they're built to exact specs.

Ahhhh phew! I'm glad they don't actually hit you! I thought I was being a bit thick! I'll just tell him not to put his hands up! All this makes me so happy I'm only 5'5", no fear of injury for me.