TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I guess thats the lesser of 2 evils. I would be upset that the beams arent still the right size. But if I chose to do the correct spacing (since we need a beam inbetween the large and small...maybe...medium?) I would probably do the small.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You really actually don't need a smaller beam if you really look at how this stuff is made. The most realistic route for what you're calling smaller would be using the 1x4 and rotating it, but that really sucks. 2x2 is pretty much the best and doesn't look out of place at all unless you do the 10' spacing.

Well its not totally out of place, I just know its not the correct size. lol. I should learn how to deal better with techincalities...

And someone should hack woodmagic and reverse engineer it so we can get at least some proper spacing done in auto mode.

So Real. As an aspiring NoLimits designer, I guess I still have problems getting all my ducks in a row building a coaster. When you build a coaster, do you already have the track layout built, THEN do supports? Or do you do part of the track, then catch up on supports, so you are building 'pieces' of the track at a time?

I have always, since hand building, always made sure my track is done first. Why? Supports are too labor intensive to fix. Same for trackwork. But with supports I can be more creative to solve tricky problems.

I reccomend ALWAYS doing ALL of your track first till its finished. Try to envision, if you must, what the supports will sort of look like. Its good to know if you are trying to get a certain look. But I never do any supports till the track is 100% completed and polished.

If youre doing a wooden coaster, when you have parallel track or close track, run the support wizard (always save multiple versions too so you can revert back) and check clearances. You can also just throw up the Final Preview supports to see as well.

For steel coasters you shouldnt have too much of an issue.