TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Dania Beach 5/31/09

Guest Frissbeking

So on the 30th we decided we'd go on a welfare coaster trip down to Dania Beach the next day since we couldn't afford Holiwood Nights. Myself, Todd Bills and Steve Nuss took a 4 hour drive, turned it into 3.

Steve Drove

Todd slept

We had plans to stop at Uncle Bernie's to get credits and a ride on the Techno Jump (CH CH CH CH CH as it's also called). Turns out we got there an hour late since they closed at 6.

CH CH CH CH Chlosed

After we wasted our time there, we ran off to Boomers.

We had the coaster to ourselves most of the night. I was a bit disappointed in it though, it was much rougher than my last rides on it. The only seats with any "fun" in them were the first 3 rows, I took most of my rides in row 1.3. We rode for about 2-2.5 hours and then drove back. I hope they decide to put some TLC into this ride because it can be fantastic, unfortunately it's a 6 at best now. It gave awesome airtime, almost Riverside Cyclone Back seat air, only in the front car. Here's some pics that I took with my phone through the night...

I still don't get why it's $30 for 9 rides, and $12 for unlimited... seriously, who would pay for that?

^Our last ride of the night. It was a fun trip and worth the drive even though the coaster wasn't performing the way it normally does.

Thanks for reading!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the pricing,

If the tickets don't expire, it is cheaper to buy the 9 pack if you plan to use them over time, or if it is a group of friends/family who only want a few rides they can buy the 9 ticket deal and split them up.

I'm glad you had a good time at Boomers and on the DBH. I love that ride. Haven't been on it in a while now but I remember the crazy airtime it has; especially in the back row. Did you do anything else at Boomers? Like the Go Karts? The track there is amazingly fun!

I rode it about 2-3 years ago, and it was awesome in the back, this year, it was kind of rough, and I like rough coasters, but this wasn't a fun rough. The only good seats in terms of airtime were 1 2 and 3.

We didn't do anything else, money was short so $12 was all I could spend.

It was a random trip, but good times Yes, I found the coaster significantly rougher than my visit two years ago. The bottom of the first drop had some jackhammering going on that was quite unpleasant. Rest of the ride really wasn't that rough, but the train just puttered along and jerked around during parts of the course. In particular, the turnaround by the lift hill was in pretty sad shape and slowed the train quite a bit more than it used to. As previously mentioned, several good spots of great air but in general the ride has deteriorated quite a bit IMHO.

- Todd

Awww that's pretty sad to hear. My last time down there, I had a blast riding it multiple time with no shuffling (though it was a couple years ago). I'll be going to Miami in a couple weeks and more than likely go to Boomers. I wonder how 'bad' the ride gotten since then...

...and yes I agree the back row was awesome.

Finally remembered to comment on this. Hurricane had some insane pops of air, notably on the second, third, fourth and last hills, but the ride overall was rough and "shifty." The trip, however, was a good time! Especially for Todd and Rob who slept on the whole ride back.

Thanks for that, guys.