TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Red Devil/Cliff Diver at Ghost Town In The Sky

Has anyone been on this ride? It is an OD Hopkins steel looping coaster. It was called Red Devil until 2002 wen the park closed. It reopened in 2008 as the Cliff Diver and was painted yellow, and was give custom open air cars similar to X-Cars. Does anyone have a POV or a video of the ride in operation? I want to know if its worth a stop on my 2009 summer trip.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been on this coaster when it was still known as the Red Devil Roller Coaster. When I was at Ghost Town, it was raining the whole day. At one point I was the only one on the coaster, and was able to ride it 3 times in a row without stopping!

I thought the first drop immediately out of the station and the loop were definitely the best elements. The rest of the ride, swooping turns, were kind of just throwaways. Then, the lift hill is at the end of the ride, making for a slow return to the station.

Perhaps with the new cars, without sides, will make the ride more exciting. The ride is perched on the side of a mountain after all.