TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going To Disney World February '09

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to their website and find out whats there that wasnt when you went before. The great thing about WDW is that they are always adding something new, whether it be an ride, show, or new parade. Besides even if everything was the same, it would still be a kick ass vacation

Ill try and think about everything that has changed as in attractions, shows and parades. Hopefully Ill hit everything. It wouldn't surprise me if I list something that already have been on too.

Magic Kingdom

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor- Stand up comedy done by characters of the Monster Inc. movie.

Haunted Mansion- Not the whole ride but they have updated some sound, a few scenes have been completely redone

Disney Dreams Come True Parade- Formerly Share a Dream Come True. Not a big change from the other. Just new music but mostly all the same characters

Dream Along With Mickey- Castle stage show. Personally it reminds me alot of class disney stuff.

EPCOT

Innoventions- They have added new stuff all throughout Innoventions. I don't ever go in there but I know they have a new Hurricane simmulater, and I think there is a new IBM kiosk.

Kim Possible- Recently they added a Kim Possible game that takes kids throughout the World Showcase and they solve mysteries I think. Haven't been able to even see any cast members to ask them about it.

Disneys Hollywood Studios- Used to be Disney MGM Studios

Toy Story Midway Mania- 4d interactive dark ride. Its a ride thats a game. Alot of fun and kids will love it.

Block Party Bash- New parade that replace stars and motorcars. Uses all Pixar characters from Monster Inc, Toy Story, and Bugs Life. High energy level and they usually try to get the kids involved.

Animal Kingdom

Expedition Everest- All depends on when you went in 06, if you went at the same time you are planning for 09 then probably didn't get to ride this. Decent coaster. Nothing to scary or thrilling. Will more than likely be the longest wait in the park

I think that's everything. If I remember anything else ill be sure to let you know about it. Also if anyone in your familys birthday is during that time when your visiting, register them and they will get into the park for free.[/b]

Other changes:

EPCOT

* The Seas with Nemo and Friends: The old boring seacab ride has been replaced with a Nemo attraction that uses the same underwater projection technology as the Subs at Disneyland to make Nemo and friends appear with the fish. Features a catchy song and is actually in many ways better than the Subs at Disneyland. The rest of the pavilion was given a Nemo makeover, and now features the interactive Turtle Talk with Crush show.

* Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros: The old boat ride in Mexico has been given a Donald Duck makeover and is actually entertaining now.

* Spaceship Earth: The ride in the giant EPCOT ball has been refurbished, adding a new scene about the invention of the PC, replacing Walter Cronkite as the narrator with Judy Dench, and replacing the ending with an interactive animation

Animal Kingdom

* Finding Nemo: The Musical: A 45 minute stage extravaganza that takes its cues from the broadway Lion King musical. Lots of great puppetwork and amazing setpieces. You need to show up at least 45 minutes in advance to get a seat.

* Magic Kingdom

Pirates of the Carribean: This ride was given a makeover based on the movies, adding Jack Sparrow figures and a new "waterfall" effect. These changes were made mid-2006 so they may have been there on your last visit.

The Epcot Kim Possible Scavenger Hunt is going to be for 2009 (or so we were told).

On Halloween, they were doing previews and I actually experienced it with my boyfriend. And afterward, we had to fill out a questionnaire.

It's basically a scavenger hunt. They handed us a real cell phone and it instructed us to go to Japan. Once you're there, the Kim Possible characters interact with you via your 'Kimmunicator'.

There's some neat little spoilers but I won't give them away. My boyfriend and I were reluctant about trying it, but were glad we did. On observation, the families with little kids seemed to be more involved and interested in exploring Japan.

I hope it works out.