TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark markings near Flying Falcon?

I was at Hersheypark in the Dark today, and I've noticed by Flying Falcon and in front of the Zoo America entrance there are survey markings all over the ground, they are the z's just like we've seen for Fahrenheit.

Anyone have an idea on what it's all about?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw these markings when I was at the park last week with Chris, Alex and Mary. These, without a doubt, are not for any coaster. They are most likely for utlilities, or like what sixflagsguy5 said, possibly a new stand or sign. Nothing major.

I noticed those last week and in fact I caught a picture of them!

I would think they would be for electrical lines or water lines because I saw a straight line of these heading between 2 lightposts. The others went in all other directions.

735566434_DSCF0062(800x600).jpg.5a7f0334e3c6f15098bd2cbfc758ee51.jpg

I don't really think these mean anything, but I could be wrong. I did see these same markings when they were building Fahrenheit. Let's not jump to any conclusions just yet.

My theory is that Flying Falcon may be leaving us. Which they may tear it out sadly. Not for a 2009 attraction, but possibly for a 2010 one. Which is really sad, since they keep taking out good old rides. Its nothing more then just a bad feeling, they did screw us over with CRR though. Along with some other classic rides.

My theory is that Flying Falcon may be leaving us. Which they may tear it out sadly. Not for a 2009 attraction, but possibly for a 2010 one. Which is really sad, since they keep taking out good old rides. Its nothing more then just a bad feeling, they did screw us over with CRR though. Along with some other classic rides.

You're right, we did hear about CRR leaving us for a long time and it did eventually happen. I think we've heard this rumor ever since 2005 or 2006. But what could take it's place? It can't be a drop tower since the Kissing Tower is only a couple hundred feet away from the site. My guess is a flat that's no higher than what Flying Falcon is (105 feet), compact, and a mild thrill/ family ride. It can't be a skyswatter since they are a bit big and a Huss Frisbee would be too similar to the Claw.

We still have a year to wait for the announcement, so lets not jump to any conclusions and sweat over it just yet.