TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A summer in Europe and I dont have a clue...

Hey all, I would appreciate any input you guys could give on what are the must do parks in Europe. I would scroll though endless pages of pictures and reports but I figured this may garner decent conversation.

Any suggestions for areas near Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Belgium, Germany, Amsterdam, Prague...(or anywhere worth going out of the way for) would be helpful. (nothing in Britain however)

My primary reason for posting this is we will probably only have time to visit maybe 3 parks while we're there, and since theres a lot of expertise to draw on in this forum I figured maybe people would tell me which places cannot be missed. Cheers mates!

(I heard of a ridiculous zip line type attraction a while ago, but cant for the life of me find it again on the internet. Anyone know what the devil I could be talking about? Anything that will get my heart pumping, not just coasters and parks would be awesome.)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't been to Disneyland Paris before I definately suggest you go there. Everyone needs to go to Disneyland!!

Heide Park has Colossus which could be a big draw and a new Desert Race power launch coaster (which personally I didn't like) but apart from that the park doesn't have a huge array of credits. However, the park is good for kids and there are other attractions other than the coasters.

Why not go on each park website and write down the rides you definately want to go on and then pick the park which has the most choices in?

If you don't care to drive in europe you could do this:

Fly in to germany or Holland and take a hotel and a rental car.

When you stay near the german and dutch border you can do the following parks in short time(within 2 hours drive):

Phantasialand, Efteling, Moviepark germany, Walibi world, Walibi Belgium and Bobbejaanland and Toverland.

A bit more far away are:

Heidepark (4 hours drive)

Europapark (4,5 hours drive)

Tripsdrill (3.5 hours drive)

So if you take a hotel near Venlo in the Netherlands or somewhere nearby in Germany then you could do a lot of parks.

Hope this helps you out.

I can't answer again till monday since i'll be in europapark this weekend

Don't forget Neuschwannstein Castle (or "Schloss Neuschwannstein") (Schwangau, near München...?): it's the first real Disney castle! Disney was inspired by that castle/palace (that is what they say, I don't know if it's true)

(you asked other things than parks/coasters to get your heart pumping?)

Maybe there's even a German fair somewhere when you're there (just look on the internet).

And of course: no foreigner could go to Europe without seeing Amsterdam! There are enough places there to get "your heart pumping"!

Also Rome, Vienna, Prague, Paris, etc. are beautiful cities with enough things to do (other than coasters and parks).

Don't forget Neuschwannstein Castle (or "Schloss Neuschwannstein") (Schwangau, near München...?): it's the first real Disney castle! Disney was inspired by that castle/palace (that is what they say, I don't know if it's true)

The castle is also the one used in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! Although it has hardly any windows so is COLD to tour round!!