TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: First Coaster of 2008

Ok, so today is the National Day of Sweden, and my plans to celebrate it was to do as little as possible. But that changed dramatically this morning when I was out on my daily walk.

I couldn't believe my eyes. A Tivoli in my town, AWESOME. And it might have coasters as well. It was to good to be true.

So I hurried home to see if this was truth or not, and maybe try and find out when they opened. Back home I started to search the net for information ad I found 2 thing.

1. An add for workers for the Tivoli.

2. An article from the City's environmental office, that says that the Tivoli shouldn't be allowed to operate during those days.

But I decided to go and take a look for myself to see if I could find it. Since you really have to take every chance you could get when you live 7 hours away from the nearest park and don't have a car to get there.

So I got on the bus and headed into the part of the city where the poster said It would be, and after a short walk from the bus stop I saw something positive.

Sweet, there is one. Now to see when it opens.

So I went closer to see if there was something interesting there

They have a Break Dance

Some Dodgems

Random Crap

A Carousel

An inflatable Castle

Waltzers

Some kind of Fabbri Swing

And some other random flat

Random Stuff

And in the back I found it

A Wacky Worm!!

It's looking really smug.

So I asked the guy in the ticket booth when they opened the coaster, and I got the reply that they will open it as soon as they got power to run it.

So I located a bench a bit from the area

And after 10-15 minutes they had it running, YAY

Waiting for the first train load to come back

Nerd shot

W00t!, Wacky Worm ERT

First Coaster of the year

Got three runs on the ride before they let us off

So after I got My ride I decided to head home instead of riding some more

Bye, Bye

On the way home I saw this Helicopter with a Swedish flag underneath, there was also some fighter planes that roared by.

On the way back to the bus I saw this old guy that had some clip on spinners on his steel rims, and it cracked me up

So it went from just another lazy day to a pretty good one, and I'm now got my first Credit of the year.

Note, the fact that I didn't ride anything more then the Wacky worm is due to that Axels Tivoli have a really bad reputation, rides that electrocutes you, coasters falling apart, deaths, people falling out of cars, and a lot of other tragic stuff. So just to be safe then I just got on the Coaster.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhhh. Fairs - the most safe places on earth (or not)!

I was honestly a little disappointed when I saw the pics from it - according to the poster the fair should be really nice; but when it comes to the point they only have like 5 rides including an INSANE wacky worm

The Batman ride looks good though!

^ I know what you mean, but If they have had the Fabbri Invert (as they have on the poster) then I would have been a happy man, since that a ride I really want to go on, just to see how it its.

But hey, it was better then nothing...

^^ I was thinking the same thing. I saw the first pic of the poster, and I was like, "Whoa, I can't wait to read on!" Only to find a Wacky Worm credit...haha.

But anyway, nice TR, and thanks for sharing!