TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Top Thrill Dragster- Scary?

Tame?! TAME?!

Dragster's launch is ANYTHING but tame. It is WAY stronger than any other hydraulic, LIM, weight drop, or LSM launch in the world (with the possible exception of Ka, of course). I don't know what you're comparing it to that you think it's weak.

Dont speak with no facts. TTD's launch is not as strong as MANY launches out there, it just lasts longer so it feels more intense. Let's use some math:

Top Thrill Dragster:

(120 (mi / hr)) / (4 sec) = 13.4112 m / s2

acceleration= 13.4112m/s2

Storm Runner

(72 (mi / hr)) / (2 sec) = 16.09344 m / s2

accleration= 16.09344m/s2 (Stronger than Dragster)

Dodonpa

(106.9 (mi / hr)) / (1.8 sec) = 26.5492089 m / s2

acceleration= 26.5492089m/s2 (stronger that Dragster)

Xcelerator

(82 (mi / hr)) / (2.3 sec) = 15.9379478 m / s2

acceleration= 15.9379478m/s2 (stronger than Dragster)

Stealth

(80 (mi / hr)) / (1.9 sec) = 18.8227368 m / s2

acceleration= 18.8227368m/s2 (stronger than Dragster)

Hypersonic XLC

(80 (mi / hr)) / (1.8 sec) = 19.8684444 m / s2

acceleration= 19.8684444m/s2 (stronger than Dragster)

Must I continue?

EDIT- He beat me to it but my list shows others that aren't listed on the one he listed. AKA- TTD is even WORSE than #6 strongest in the world.

I think the only way to calculate this would be to take a speed they all get to and see how long it takes them to get there.

there are problems with taking the top speed and total time. A ride can initially launch very fast, but then might hit the higher speeds more gradually.

Example: a car accelerates from 10-20 miles per hour faster than the same car would accelerate from 110-120.

Now i don't feel like doing a bunch of math here, but i think that if you took the speed and time of the car's 0-60 time and compared that to the car's 0-100 time, it would show that the second trip would be less forceful, even though its the exact same launch.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures just dont do it justice, I nearly freaked out when I saw it in real life, it was really scary looking, of course the thing to do is to not think about it so much and just say I can do this, and get on with it. Once you're on it, and get you're first ride, you will be addicted,guaranteed. Try not to want to ride it all day though because there is like 16 other rollercoasters to ride,all pretty dam good

The launch for me is the funnest most exciting sensation, the longer the launch time the better in my opinion. I love the power of the TTD hydraulic catapult launch, it is amazing. True the Xcelerator launch feels a tad bid more intense but it does not last as long. I am very interested in experiencing the Dadonpa at FujiQ since that launch is supposed to be almost twice as intense as TTD or Xcelerator, that would be fun to check out! Has anyone been on Dadonpa before experiencing TTD? What was your take on TTD after riding Dadonpa (in terms of the launch sensation, was it still fun?)