TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thomas Town Opening

SFDK's is pretty small too, shoehorned into a tiny corner. But since they didn't put much into the area, doesn't feel cramped, nice wide walkways and plenty of room.

Although the sets look nice in pictures, would have been really nice if there had been some animation to them. Nothing moves (cept for Thomas's eyes), no sound effects, you pretty much just ride by stationary sets with that annoying song over and over again. I know I'm not the target audience for this, but I love me a good dark ride and consider rides like this "outdoor" dark rides. Whether indoor or outdoor, silent stationary sets are boring and cheap, why you don't see any at DL (the Grand Canyon diorama being the lone exception).

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SFDK's is pretty small too, shoehorned into a tiny corner. But since they didn't put much into the area, doesn't feel cramped, nice wide walkways and plenty of room.

Although the sets look nice in pictures, would have been really nice if there had been some animation to them. Nothing moves (cept for Thomas's eyes), no sound effects, you pretty much just ride by stationary sets with that annoying song over and over again. I know I'm not the target audience for this, but I love me a good dark ride and consider rides like this "outdoor" dark rides. Whether indoor or outdoor, silent stationary sets are boring and cheap, why you don't see any at DL (the Grand Canyon diorama being the lone exception).

You there 2 and 4 and 6 and EightaaaaaHHHH

It can get annoying after a while. I agree they should have had some animation even some basic Sound effects From the characters you pass by. I mean is a Small family park Like Santa's Village in Jefferson NH can add effects to there car ride SFI can do it with there Thomas area.