TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wet N Wild Las Vegas GONE!

So driving to work yesterday I took a long way which took me past the backside of what used to be Wet N Wild. It had been a long time since I had driven by. Honestly, it was kinda hard for me to see my first job being destroyed so brutally and then just sit there for months and months. This water park meant so much to me and pretty much everyone else that grew up in Las Vegas in the 1980's and 90's...it was all we had!

Anyways...on the photos.

1304190316_wetnwildnewlot.jpg.899404684f1fb0e91b04bacb5f91b833.jpg

Now the site serves two purposes. 1.) It continues to be used as a storing and staging area for trucks for the LV Convention Center (as it was during the park's off season) and 2.) Construction access, storage for the new Fountainbleu Resort being built on a portion of the site.

1864521077_wetnwildsign.jpg.c92e1e0c12f40fcfd2887dddf0f9943f.jpg

If it wasnt for this sign and a few other items still standing you could never tell what used to be here.

2035830933_wetnwildgone.jpg.632498182eb7913cb6eb529e3611dcc6.jpg

No more big hill, no more slides, and no more trees.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They took it down almost a year ago, but the asphalt is new to me...

A real tragedy...Wet 'n' Wild was so good.

Not exactly...

While the park closed a couple of years ago, it wasnt until a couple of months ago that they finally completed the demolition work. They were really slow at taking everything down for the get go. The owners of Turnberry (the high rise complex immediately south of the site) complained about the mess that had been left as buildings and some slide platforms still remained for over a year, albeit covered in trash and graffiti. After some legal drama, they just now have finished with the work.

That said, not everything is gone yet. The employee entrance/HR/security building off of Paradise Rd is still there, albeit derelect. The sign directing deliveries is also there still.