TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Ghost Town in the Sky Construction Tour!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they kept the scrambler inside the building. That thing was awesome with the black lights and the AC/DC music they used to blast while you were riding.

I'm glad to see the park is opening back up. DisneyWorld it's not, but it was still fun.

Where exactly was the Scrambler?

I never saw it and didn't know where to look either since i had never been to the park before.

The park has a LOT to do in the next month, but I'm sure they'll pull it off.

Wow that park looks awesome. It looks so cool just being set in the mountains. And the coaster looks great on the side of the cliff. Who designed it?

That would be the illustrious Hopkins.

http://www.rcdb.com/id234.htm

Where exactly was the Scrambler?

I never saw it and didn't know where to look either since i had never been to the park before.

It's been probably 10 years or more since I was there, but if I remember correctly, it was beside the Red Devil, or at least on the same level.

The Scramble was inside a building next to that Mine Type Ride (Walk Through Dark Ride Type). If you get off the Chair Lift and turn left and head to the lowest part of the Park (I think it was called Mine Town), It was in the building to your left. It was the first one I ever rode in the dark when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

Will be great to see what the place looks like on the 25th. And nice pics also Wes.

As a Kid growing up in Chicago my Dad took the family took the entire family into Gatlingburg Tenn. for Vacation and every trip had atleast one day over in Maggie Valley at Ghost Town In The Sky. What an awesome place. As a kid most would think I would remember all the rides....Not the case for me. I remember the Gun Fights in the Rustic looking town...But most of all, I guess I was a pervert then too! Cuz them Can Can Girls ROCKED!

I now live in Wisconsin and The Wisconsin Dells Area is where my family spends alot of time. I am now looking forward to taking my Kids and Grandkids to Ghost Town. Great News Thanks for the info.

Please visit me and share on my website and message board at

Wisconsin Dells Family Website and Message Board

Thanks Again

John

1443240188_SITElOGO.jpg.619265373f4fd402565d1ab475f4f2d0.jpg

I'm singing a variation of a popular county song:

"Hippy-I-oo, Hippy-I-ay, Ghost Town in the Sky!!!"

I'm planning to visit this park this August when I visit the Smoky Mountains and I hope everything is in tip-top running condition when I get there. Cliffhanger, with the new paint job, looks like a "must ride before you die" coaster.

"How dare they changed the name of my coaster?"

"I guess the park has a thing against horny red guys! Hee Hee!!!"

"Aw, kiss my !!!"

• 2 weeks later...