TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hotel or other accomadations in L.A - What do you recomend?

d_gil

Hi,

I'm going to be in L.A for 2 weeks and looking for a nice place to stay.

the thing i look out for:

1.Safe area (i read some not so nice things about downton LA ?!)

2.If the roon have a kitchen/kitchenet of some kind,that would be graet.

i'm trying to spend less on buying food outside all the time.

3.Something around 100$ a night (would be great if can be less of course)

I wish there was an appartment i could rent for 2 weeks? Do you know about some place that have these?

We are going to visit all the usuall turist attractions around town (SFMM included! yay!)

If only we could stay with the Alveys

Thanks!

Gil

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend the Magic Castle Hotel. Here's a link to reviews of it at tripadvisor.com:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d84502-Reviews-Magic_Castle_Hotel-Los_Angeles_California.html

I stayed there a few years ago and it's great. Every room is like a little apartment with kitchen and dining area. We went grocery shopping the first day and filled up the fridge, that we we could really save money on eating out. Another fantastic benefit is you get entry into the semi-private Magic Castle Club next door, which is an old mansion converted into a restaraunt and magic theater. You go and have dinner, (somewhat expensive), and then you can spend the whole night watching some of the best magic and slight of hand artists in the world! There are many small theaters and tables where there are magicians just waiting to impress you with their skills. I loved it.

I would recommend the Magic Castle Hotel. Here's a link to reviews of it at tripadvisor.com:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32655-d84502-Reviews-Magic_Castle_Hotel-Los_Angeles_California.html

I stayed there a few years ago and it's great. Every room is like a little apartment with kitchen and dining area. We went grocery shopping the first day and filled up the fridge, that we we could really save money on eating out. Another fantastic benefit is you get entry into the semi-private Magic Castle Club next door, which is an old mansion converted into a restaraunt and magic theater. You go and have dinner, (somewhat expensive), and then you can spend the whole night watching some of the best magic and slight of hand artists in the world! There are many small theaters and tables where there are magicians just waiting to impress you with their skills. I loved it.

Thanks mr morgan - the place does look nice- but at 159$ a night , it is above our budget

gil

When we stayed there, we called and the hotel itself and asked if they had any special offers. I don't remember what we paid, but they gave us a big discount from the online rates because they were kind of empty at the time. Give them a call and ask!

Otherwise, take a look at expedia.com and then compare the hotels you find with the reviews at tripadvisor.com. That's how I always plan a trip. I hope you find something and have a great time!

thank you,

i know about these two sites - i just want to here some reviewes of people from this forum as well.

i will try give the hotel you mentioned a call though.

thanks again,

gil

all others - keep the recomandations coming

I am in LA next thursday, I am staying at the Hacienda which is not bad and is right near the airport. If you want to stay in Anaheim - Days Inn are quite cheap. Holiday Inn is also ok, I would go straight to the hotel site to get the best price.

LA's a big place.

What will you be doing while you are out here??? That will make it easier to suggest an area for you to stay in.

Thanks all for the replys.

Well i am going to be 4 days in anaheim for disney - i pickedt out a cheap motel called alpine inn - notjing fancy,but got good reviews on tripadvisor and should be clean and close to the park - if anyone been there,i would love to know what did you think of the place.

After searching all over and trying to decide wether i really need a hotel room with a kitchen in it or not - i made reservations for 2 bed and breakfasts in west hollywood for the other part of my LA trip - universal,and all other LA turist attractions,and SFMM!

Any thoughts or recomandations on must see's and best places to eat?

Where is that italian place the alveys go to every time??

Thanks again

gil

^Hey goleafsgo, it's that kind of crazy talk that made the United States declare war on Canada! (AKA South Park) (((Everyone sing along))) Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

^^d_gil, the restaurant your talking about is Carabbas, but to the Alveys dismay, they have yet to open a location in L.A.

Hey there... Just a quick bit of advise...

West Hollywood is pretty much a pain in the rear to get to. If you're staying close to a freeway you've made a good choice.

Consider staying near LAX (El Segundo) Lots of hotels in the area. I've always been a fan of Residence Inns... It's part of the Marriot Chain.

Also, you probably want to consider where you're going and particularly what TIME. Good move on shacking up out in Anaheim, your drive won't be bad at all.

Just a few things...

Knott's is super close to Disneyland

Universal Studios is near the 101, 110, and 405 freeways. If you're planning on driving during the week you'll be sure to hit bad traffic from about 6:00-10:00 AM and 3:00-7:00 PM. Unless you really really like sitting in traffic, you'd be well advised to find a place to stay that's relatively near where you want to go.

Good Luck!!