TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magic Mountain in November

jamessanders

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be in California from the 22nd of Nov until the 5th of December, I'm from Australia and this will be my first trip to SFMM.

Can you give me some advice on whether or not it is a good idea to visit the park on the day after thanksgiving, or on thanksgiving? Because in Australia we do not celebrate thanksgiving, I'm not sure of how it all works and I figure this could be great and the park will be empty, or it could back-fire and it will be packed!

Other than those two days, when would be the best day to visit? The park is open from the 22nd until Sunday the 26th, and then again on Sat and Sun the 2/3rd.

Also, on a tangent, can someone explain the reason Deja Vu is so popular? It seems to me to be the same as many other coasters (such as 'Boomerang - Coast to Coast), except inverted. It can't be a very long ride, and it doesn't seem like a very thrilling layout. I think there must be something about it that I am missing.

Thanks for your help!

James

james@sandersventures.com.au

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, also remember, U.S. schools are out Thanksgiving week also. Your best shot is on Thanksgiving day, most familys should stay home...

Also, on a tangent, can someone explain the reason Deja Vu is so popular? It seems to me to be the same as many other coasters (such as 'Boomerang - Coast to Coast), except inverted. It can't be a very long ride, and it doesn't seem like a very thrilling layout. I think there must be something about it that I am missing.

Déjà Vu is popular?!!?!??!

Probably because its usually down, or not running. So when it is open people want to ride it.

Actually, I found Deja Vu was actually unpopular at SFGAm. People didn't want to ride it because it "breaks down all the time" or "it's unsafe" or something like that.

Granted, the line does move slow, so it took us about 45 minutes to get through the relatively short line (through the entire queue minus the switchbacks).

Good to hear from another Aussie, Sundays out of summer are usually not too bad from my experience.

Deja Vu is the standard boomerang layout but it is much bigger and the drop is vertical which is quite exciting, on top of being inverted.

I will be at Magic Mountain next Friday (leaving for the US tomorrow), so I will be sure to post a report, there might even be a miracle and X is open.

Haha last time I rode a Giant Inverted Boomerang there was a 0 min. wait all day! Talking about popularity

But that was here in Europe, the GIB's in America are far more popular then our GIB.

The most fun thing about the GIB is that you really lay on your restraint as you're being pulled up backwards. It's exiting because you know that you'll die a horrible death if the restraint opens (which ofcourse will never happen).

^ Does the GIB in Europe have the additional seat belts across your lap that you buckle before the harness?

Without those, I would not feel secure at all in those harnesses, as they are extremely far off of my body. I always tighten that lap belt as tight as possible because of this.