TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Questions about Trip Planning in Florida in October

Matthieu - News Parcs -

Hi !

I'm Matthieu, french and rollercoaster fan.

In October and with friends, we will go to visit florida's parks.

So I've got some questions to benefit from the knowledge of those who know this area.

First questions are about travel and airports in USA.

1. We first stop at New York Newark airport for 2 hours before flying to Orlando Internationnal Airport. Where is the immigration control ? At New York or at Orlando ?

2.How long can this control take, especially for foreigners ? What are the things to know about it ?

About Florida

3. Is there holidays in october in Florida ?

About theme parks

4.In october, is it usefull to buy an unlimited universal express for the both universal parks ?

5.How does it happen with the halloween events ? (Howl O Scream @ Busch Gardens, Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party @ Magic Kingdom) Is it a seperate tickets - or included in the flex ticket ? Are the attractions opens ... Is it great ?

6.Where is the best place to buy tickets ? Parks Gates? Official Internet web page ? others ?

Thank you for answering

Matthieu "It's a curious way to sign" Galus.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I've been to Hallowee'en Horror Nights a few years, and yes, it's great. Definitely hardcore...last year an actor spewed fake vomit on my feet...

It's not included in the genral entrance fee. You should buy a Stay and Scream ticket, which costs less than HHN general admission, enables you to stay in the park while all the non-HHN people leave, and lets you get a head start on the haunted houses. You can buy them in advance, or, I think, in the park for the same night, but there's a limited supply, and the closer you get to Hallowe'en, the more likely they are to sell out.

October's a great time to go the Florida parks...good weather and usually uncrowded. But the earlier in the month you go to the Hallowe'en events, the happier you'll be.

Hi !

I'm Matthieu, french and rollercoaster fan.

In October and with friends, we will go to visit florida's parks.

Hiya! And welcome to Themeparkreview.com!

1. We first stop at New York Newark airport for 2 hours before flying to Orlando Internationnal Airport. Where is the immigration control ? At New York or at Orlando ?

Immigration and passport control will be in new york. A 2 hour layover should be fine but I would go directly though to ensure you have enough time.

2.How long can this control take, especially for foreigners ? What are the things to know about it ?

I'm not sure how long it will take for non-us citizens but I would checkthe US department of state website to see if you need to know anything specific.

3. Is there holidays in october in Florida ?

Not really - but you might notice some increase in attendance on weekends due to all of the Halloween events at the parks the later in the month you go - October really is one of the best months both with weather, crowds and all the special events.

5.How does it happen with the halloween events ? (Howl O Scream @ Busch Gardens, Halloween Horror Nights @ Universal and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party @ Magic Kingdom) Is it a seperate tickets - or included in the flex ticket ? Are the attractions opens ... Is it great ?

All the ones you listed are separate tickets - the parks websites will have more details as the time gets closer. Most of the attractions are open for all of the events (although they have not announced yet which park HHN at UO will be at.) They are all great events for diferent reasons. I personally love Mickey's Not-So-Scary at the MK - tons of free candy, lots of characters, a cool special parade and a cool special fireworks show (this event is very differnet than the one at DLP). This event always sells out on the 31st and most fridays and saturdays. Halloween Horror Nights at UO is great as well with great haunts , great theming and a so-so parade with free beads (no candy though! ) This is insanly busy to the point of almost not being fun on Saturdays and some weekends will sell out.

6.Where is the best place to buy tickets ? Parks Gates? Official Internet web page ? others ?

If you know in advance which day you are going to go buy them on the parks web site.

Newark International Airport is in New Jersey, not New York. If you are landing in New York, you're probably landing in JFK International or LaGuardia International.

I've had Newark airport take me 45 minutes and 2.5 hours! (as a US Citizen) Don't let it stress you out too much though as there are tons of flights from Newark to Orlando every day. As long as you are on the same airline from Newark to Orlando as you were from France to Newark they will take care of you.

I think Reed answered the rest of your questions.

October is really a great time to visit! A lot of us will be there!

Elissa "Halloween Horror Nights and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party are awesome events!" Alvey

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Let's continue with questions :

7. Is http://www.knowbeforeugo.com a good place to buy tickets ?

8. Is it a good idea at disneyworld to visit 2 parks a day ? I mean, does it take time to go from a park to another.

9. I heard road are not all free in Florida. In France, there is a law saying that if a motorway is not free, there must by a good other road free in the same direction. Shall I pay - and if yes, how much - to go from the airport to WDW, and from WDW to Universal Resort,Busch Gardens & SeaWorld ?

And I up the question 4. which didn't find it answer :

4.In october, is it usefull to buy an unlimited universal express for the both universal parks ?

Matthieu "I received my passport yesterday" Galus.

I'll answer what I know....

8. Is it a good idea at disneyworld to visit 2 parks a day ? I mean, does it take time to go from a park to another.

No, it doesn't take long to get from one park to another. Half an hour maximum on a bus from one park to another. Though I'm not sure you could realistically do everything at WDW in two days. Maybe three -- it depends on what you're interested in doing. If you're just in it for the coasters, then you could probably do it all in a day or two. However, if you really want the full effect, I would suggest at least another day.

9. I heard road are not all free in Florida. In France, there is a law saying that if a motorway is not free, there must by a good other road free in the same direction. Shall I pay - and if yes, how much - to go from the airport to WDW, and from WDW to Universal Resort,Busch Gardens & SeaWorld ?

You don't need to take any toll roads between the parks. Everything is pretty much along Interstate-4, which is entirely free.

There is a toll road you'll have to take from the Orlando Airport to Disney. It's about $2 if I remember correctly. I-4, which takes you back and forth between Disney, Universal, and Sea World is free.

You probably won't NEED the Express for Universal in October (except for Halloween Horror Nights), but it still might be nice!

What kind of tickets will you be buying? A lot of those discount brokers are kind of shady. Tell us what you need and we'll be happy to help you out with how to get them, and if there are any good deals.

It's one thing to go from Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom by bus which can take awhlie...as opposed to MGM to Epcot which is pretty fast, as well as Epcot to MK on the monorail. It's also good to go back and forth if the parks have different operating times!

Elissa "yay, disney soon!" Alvey

The programm is :

4 days at DisneyWorld

2 days at Universal Resort

1 day at Busch Gardens

1 day at Sea World

and 1 day for visiting Orlando, Old Town, and so on...

As i'm coming with my PR of Dineyland Paris, I don't need tickets for the WDW theme parks - just for a water park

So,

10. Which is the best disney's water park ? I would say blizzard Beach, but ?

For the other parks, I would hesitate between buying a flex ticket 5 parks, or buying a 2 days ticket for universal, and another 2 days tickets for both busch gardens and seaworld.

11. What do you thing about ?

Matthieu "only 6 mounth to wait" Galus.

I would get the Orlando Flex Ticket.

It will allow you to go to Universal, IOA, Busch, Sea World, and Wet n Wild unlimited (even park hop) for the entire time you're in Orlando. It gives you a nice option to be able to go back and forth to parks, and even leave and go to a different park if a ride is closed, or there's an event going on.

As for the Disney Waterparks. I'd say Blizzard Beach. It has more rides than Typhoon Lagoon, and is so much fun! Typhoon Lagoon has a nicer atmosphere and a better wave pool, but not as many rides, and the rides they do have are pretty short.

Elissa "Do you like your new member title? Alvey

I just uploaded my first projected programm :

http://newsparcs.com/floride2005/emploidutemps.htm

12. What do you think about it ? I was said it's a little bit stupid to go from AK to MK, but, that is interressing looking at the opening hours.

What is written in french mean :

- the letters (E,G,...) are for the people names.

- vol = fly

- tout le monde = everybody

- Journée Touriste = touristic day

- et/ou = and/or

- the little lines sais i took last year hours for disneyworld, and that MK Halloween Event is yet missing.

- A Faire Absoluement = must do

[Edit]

I forgot days translation. It starts on Ve (Vendredi) wich is Friday in english.

[/Edit]

Matthieu "likes to start questions with numbers" Galus.

My only suggestion would be to switch Epcot and Universal. Halloween Horror Nights will be much better on a Thursday, instead of a Friday. Make sure you buy the Special Halloween Horror Nights Express Passes before the event, as they sell out.

So I see you're near Lorraine, are you going to meet up with us at Walibi Lorraine?

Elissa "even though it's a bad park!" Alvey

That's a good idea I'll exchange this.

I'm living at 50 minutes far from Walibi Lorraine. They works a lot to make a better park. We can of course meet there, but it will depend on the date.

Walibi Lorraine was a park where we laught a lot ... try to see it :

http://newsparcs03.free.fr/albumphoto/album.php?albu=walibi_lorraine