TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canobie Lake Park Opening Day 2012 PTR

The time had come for Canobie lake park to pen for its 110 season. I managed to get to the park at 10:00 am just in time for the park's opening. I made my way to customer service and bought 3 tickets one for today and 2 more to use later in the year. They were at a discounted rate of $25 dollars. Standard adult admission for 2012 is $33 dollars. While personally I am crying for a season pass. The opening day price was not slowing any sales. I saw many people getting 6-12 passes at $25 a pop.

I worked my way into the park and noticed 2 of the Canobie Critters greeting guests. They had nearly all of them out and about throughout the day. I also noticed that they replaced the Michael Jackson statue with a Lady Gaga statue to promote the upcoming show. Like the Jackson statue it got a lot of attention and many were taking the opportunity to snap a photo with family and friends.

The day was clear and sunny but very cold. Not too bad in the sun but get in the shade and it was very bitter. Crowds were very light compared to the last few years when we saw nicer weather on opening day.

Today's ride count

X4 - Untamed

X3 - Cannonball,

X2 - Mine of Lost Souls & Star Blaster

X1 - DaVinci's Dream, Skater, Phycodrom, Caterpillar, Ocean Trip, Train, Turkish Twist, Frisbee, Rowdy Roosters, Wave Blaster, Crazy cups, and Pirata

Read the full report: photos.newwhalom.com/Opening2012.html

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update and photos, eagle! I'm really glad to see Canobie Lake sparkling so bright year after year...for 110 seasons! I'm pumped that Phycodrom got an update. The little improvements Canobie always put in...new Rooster tubs on the flyers, repainting and overhauling Bumper Buggies, Caterpillar's new canopy, the renovated shops and food stands, the classic PTC Tea Cups looks like a brand new Midway attraction ...I wish other parks, big and small, took note of how you keep the charm of your park. So many places the same size as this park really feel like a collection of carnival rides and lifeless midway, but Canobie really knows how to make you cherish a day at the lake. Untamed is just and added bonus.

They do do an amazing job. Living in NH the lake to attention always seems foreign. Other NH parks like Story land and Santa's village also put just as much into Their parks. Lake Compounce also dose a pretty good job.

On a side not not part of my trip. the park has started clearing land. not for a new ride but for a corn field. the Corn will be sold in the fall as a food option and the field will be converted to a corn maze for Screeemfest.