TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Advice on trip through Wisconsin Dells et al

rittaj

Hi !

My family and I live in Northern California and have been to several WCB events, and we get around Florida and Vegas quite a bit as well.

We've never been to the Wisconsin/Michigan/Northern Indiana area, so.... I'm taking my family on a trip around Lake Michigan (Michigan Adventure, crossing the lake to Green Bay (Bay Beach), to the Dells, to Marshall, to Gurnee, to Indiana Beach). (with a day in Chicago after Gurnee to mend our beat up bodies and check out the pizza)

I have not been able to find any recent reports about Hades, though I have been told it received some track work in the last year or so, so I'm wondering if it's re-rideable now.

Should I be expecting all the coasters at Mt. Olympus to chip my teeth and require physical therapy afterward like Gwazi in Tampa?

What about the Hoosier Hurricane and Shivering Timbers? I can't find anyone discussing those in the past 2 years either. Any tips on visiting the smaller parks?

I'll probably get the "fastpass" equivalent at Great America, but should I plan on getting one at Michigan's Adventure?

I'm really lost trying to plan for these parks, and since I don't plan on ever returning to the area and I want to make sure to do it right.

Thanks for any help anybody can offer!

Andy

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring lots of advil for Mt. Olympus.

Absolutely you'll need the Flashpass for SFGAm, you may be able to get to Michigan's Adventure early and not worry about Fast Lane as that park tends not to get too busy compared to other big parks.

Hoosier Hurricane and Shivering Timbers are not very rough at all, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the tips! I'll keep checking back for more until we leave on the 26th. If anyone's ridden Hades since retracking I'd love to hear about your experience.

-Andy-Andy